Is Axis lock and G-lock same thing?

So which statement are you now staying with?
It “clearly explains why they would not and can not list it on their website”
or “they just happen not to list it”?
It doesn't really matter does it. Not being listed or being listed proves nothing. But if you want to with this as your evidence for it being expired, go right ahead. I'll stick with facts.

Last edited:
It doesn't really matter does it. Not being listed or being listed proves nothing. But if you want to with this as your evidence for it being expired, go right ahead. I'll stick with factd.
I don’t care whether it is or isn’t, whether they are or are not.

You stated it as a fact that supported your postion and it was wrong. I just didn’t want others to think this presumption was correct, just want people to form their own opinions based on actual evidence.

Found this on the web
W1cmkYO.gif

Last edited:
Leo good on you for doing this, I hope your reports as a seller can make a difference. Amazon sure is convenient and I bought my earlier cheap folders there, but I'd never buy something higher end there for fear of receiving counterfeits.

Leo good on you for doing this, I hope your reports as a seller can make a difference. Amazon sure is convenient and I bought my earlier cheap folders there, but I'd never buy something higher end there for fear of receiving counterfeits.
Thank you. But... counterfeits are another issue. Ganzo brand is not a counterfeit. They are copies, but they are not selling fake Spyderco saying it is a Spyderco. They are selling them as Ganzo with likely-stolen designs.

Counterfeits are already not allowed in Amazon, but it is happening too much. But on that, Amzon cant do much about it... they accept all sources of products & cant open millions of boxes and determine which are fakes.

As far as reporting Ganzo goes.. so far I have zero evidence that Ganzo’s G-lock is an infringement of patent.

Amazon will not kill a product because i believe that Ganzo doing something illegal. In fact, as much as I do not like Ganzos, it would be wrong to try to get them pulled down, if in fact, they are not infringing patents. That would just be me being a pure racist. “I hate these people, with no evidence, so lets pull them dowm”.

Also it doesnt matter if China doesnt enforce US patents. Amazon sells in US. It doesnt matter if something is legal or accepted in China, Sweden, Congo... Amazon is an US LLC and Amazon cant sell products which are infringements of US patents.

But then again.. i will get flamed for somehow “supporting” Ganzo and trying to be a troll.... just because im not bringing a pitchfork trying to burn China on a cross.

Last edited:
Thank you. But... counterfeits are another issue. Ganzo brand is not a counterfeit. They are copies, but they are not selling fake Spyderco saying it is a Spyderco. They are selling them as Ganzo with likely-stolen designs.

Counterfeits are already not allowed in Amazon, but it is happening too much. But on that, Amzon cant do much about it... they accept all sources of products & cant open millions of boxes and determine which are fakes.

As far as reporting Ganzo goes.. so far I have zero evidence that Ganzo’s G-lock is an infringement of patent.

Amazon will not kill a product because i believe that Ganzo doing something illegal. In fact, as much as I do not like Ganzos, it would be wrong to try to get them pulled down, if in fact, they are not infringing patents. That would just be me being a pure racist. “I hate these people, with no evidence, so lets pull them dowm”.

Also it doesnt matter if China doesnt enforce US patents. Amazon sells in US. It doesnt matter if something is legal or accepted in China, Sweden, Congo... Amazon is an US LLC and Amazon cant sell products which are infringements of US patents.

But then again.. i will get flamed for somehow “supporting” Ganzo and trying to be a troll.... just because im not bringing a pitchfork trying to burn China on a cross.

Amazon will also not allow the sale of trademark infringing products. Report the spydie infringement if you are really interested in reporting something to Amazon. Not going to touch any of the other comments you made, just keeping this all about your desire to report ganzo to Amazon.

I think you’re going to get flamed for flaming yourself...

Amazon will also not allow the sale of trademark infringing products. Report the spydie infringement if you are really interested in reporting something to Amazon. Not going to touch any of the other comments you made, just keeping this all about your desire to report ganzo to Amazon.
As stated before... Amazon does not care about design patents or trademark infringements. They should care. But the do not. They only care about utility patents. I do not know the reasoning behind it. I have been told design trademarks are pretty meaningless.

Im not agreeing with it at all. But it is how it is.... if Amazon did care for it, i would have raised a fuss long ago about other products.

As stated before... Amazon does not care about design patents or trademark infringements. They should care. But the do not. They only care about utility patents. I do not know the reasoning behind it. I have been told design trademarks are pretty meaningless.

Im not agreeing with it at all. But it is how it is.... if Amazon did care for it, i would have raised a fuss long ago about other products.
Their policies say they care about trademarks and they have sent cease and desist communications on trademark infringement.

Sorry for getting off topic... but I see Benchmade mini Griptillians with Spydie holes... is this a collaboration?

I highly doubt Benchmade is doing what Ganzo is doing.

As stated before i think Ganzo is ripping off a design trademark with out a license. Not sure about infringing on utility patent, but the hole on Ganzo blade is Spyderco design. Ganzo is total scum for using it..

So is Benchmade mini grip like a Spyderco/Benchmade collaboration? Or did Spyderco license it out for Benchmade use? Very cool looking!

Their policies say they care about trademarks and they have sent cease and desist communications on trademark infringement.
Yes... but they do not care in practical manner. Im saying that from experience... i have reported products for copying my own products (non-knife products), and Amazon didnt care a bit. But when it was a utility patent issue, they took down an entire product line of 20 something products the same day.

Sorry for getting off topic... but I see Benchmade mini Griptillians with Spydie holes... is this a collaboration?

I highly doubt Benchmade is doing what Ganzo is doing.

As stated before i think Ganzo is ripping off a design trademark with out a license. Not sure about infringing on utility patent, but the hole on Ganzo blade is Spyderco design. Ganzo is total scum for using it..

So is Benchmade mini grip like a Spyderco/Benchmade collaboration? Or did Spyderco license it out for Benchmade use? Very cool looking!
Yes it was a collaboration

Not really.

Regardless though a cheap move by one maker doesn't legitimize another maker to steal their IP.
I dont know.. but Im pretty sure it was a Benchmade/Psyderco collaboration.

There is no way Benchmade would do what Ganzo does.

I mean... if Benchmade did make minor cheap move, it doesnt legitimize Ganzo to steal & blatantly rip off designs. I get that.. but why would Benchmade even make a cheap move?

Benchmade is an honest American company. Ganzo is a known dishonest Chinese company.. so i belive Benchmade collaborated with Spyderco to make them.

Not really.

Regardless though a cheap move by one maker doesn't legitimize another maker to steal their IP.
Oh its not? My understanding was that the grip was a collab and anything else was done without Sal's ok.

The Benchmade/Spyderhole trademark issue has been discussed into the dirt, has long been resolved, and has absolutely nothing to do with Ganzo illegally infringing on the AXIS lock patent.

Back