Is Axis lock and G-lock same thing?

The Benchmade/Spyderhole trademark issue has been discussed into the dirt, has long been resolved, and has absolutely nothing to do with Ganzo illegally infringing on the AXIS lock patent.
I agree.

Thats why i said... sorry for off topic question.... it was just a simple question... is this another touchy complicated subject?

I already got an answer here that it is a Benchmade/Spyderco collaboration.

Oh its not? My understanding was that the grip was a collab and anything else was done without Sal's ok.
Way back when Sypderco needed a maker to build a run of knives and the other knife company stepped in to build the run of knives.

The other knife company feels that run decades ago gave them rights to the hole in perpetuity.

I agree.

Thats why i said... sorry for off topic question.... it was just a simple question... is this another touchy complicated subject?

It's only touchy because it's been discussed into the dirt.

I already got an answer here that it is a Benchmade/Spyderco collaboration.

And that would be wrong. It was never a collaboration. As it stands now, Benchmade uses the Spyderhole on certain knives under license. In the past that at times was not the case, but as I said, it has been resolved to the satisfaction and understanding between the two companies.

I dont know.. but Im pretty sure it was a Benchmade/Psyderco collaboration.

There is no way Benchmade would do what Ganzo does.

I mean... if Benchmade did make minor cheap move, it doesnt legitimize Ganzo to steal & blatantly rip off designs. I get that.. but why would Benchmade even make a cheap move?

Benchmade is an honest American company. Ganzo is a known dishonest Chinese company.. so i belive Benchmade collaborated with Spyderco to make them.
You'd have to ask Benchmade why they did it. Note: rhetorical question there as they have been asked many times why and they just ghost it.

Way back when Sypderco needed a maker to build a run of knives and the other knife company stepped in to build the run of knives.

The other knife company feels that run decades ago gave them rights to the hole in perpetuity.
When did Benchmade make Spydercos?o_O

It's only touchy because it's been discussed into the dirt.

And that would be wrong. It was never a collaboration. As it stands now, Benchmade uses the Spyderhole on certain knives under license. In the past that at times was not the case, but as I said, it has been resolved to the satisfaction and understanding between the two companies.
Thank you. I did not know. Im glad Benchmade & Spyderco hole is a resolved issue. Once again, thank you for the information!

Sorry for getting off topic... but I see Benchmade mini Griptillians with Spydie holes... is this a collaboration?
Sal used to work at benchmade long time ago. There is no I'll between them.

Sal used to work at benchmade long time ago. There is no I'll between them.

Thank you Mo2,

It is wonderful to see two great American companies working together to produce a mix! I will be pickup the Benchmade mini grip with the Spyderco hole.

Cheating Ganzos need to learn a thing or two. They need to either pay for license or collaborate if they want to use a feature.

Reactions: Mo2
It was a Bob T knife that he wanted made in the USA.

Oh yeah, I have a vague memory of that. I keep thinking of the Pika or AFCK being the source of contention about the Spyderhole.

Technically I don't think Sal worked for Les or Benchmade. I think Les made some Spydercos for Sal once upon a time, and maybe before that Sal was selling some of Les's knives back when Spyderco was just doing sharpeners. Currently Spyderco and Benchmade have an arrangement by which Benchmade uses an opening hole with Spyderco's permission. I don't think that was always the case... best I can tell, for a short time Benchmade was using the hole without permission because they didn't think permission was required; but nevertheless, that situation was resolved to the satisfaction of both companies.

I'm sure this thought has been expressed many times before but...

If benchmade had some lower end steel choices for a cheaper price, I bet that would sway many of the people buying copies, even if the whole build would still cost significantly more than the copied version.

I'm sure this thought has been expressed many times before but...

If benchmade had some lower end steel choices for a cheaper price, I bet that would sway many of the people buying copies, even if the whole build would still cost significantly more than the copied version.
I see it from the exact opposite position...
"If Ganzo had some design and development costs for a higher price, I bet that would sway many of the people buying copies, even if the whole build would still cost slightly less than the original version."

Blaming Benchmade for their material and pricing decisions is no different than blaming the victim of a robbery for not having a better lock on the front door.

And...Benchmade has offered alternatives in cheaper steel and material choices. It didn't work, else H&K and Lone Wolf Knives would still be around. Hell, Ganzo even copied the H&K 14715 series.

I see it from the exact opposite position...
"If Ganzo had some design and development costs for a higher price, I bet that would sway many of the people buying copies, even if the whole build would still cost slightly less than the original version."

Blaming Benchmade for their material and pricing decisions is no different than blaming the victim of a robbery for not having a better lock on the front door.

And...Benchmade has offered alternatives in cheaper steel and material choices. It didn't work, else H&K and Lone Wolf Knives would still be around. Hell, Ganzo even copied the H&K 14715 series.
More like the robbery victim having better stuff and a lock on the door the thief could always pick and get away every time.

Back