Is Ganzo Firebird F753M1 any good, please share your opinon if you have one !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go start a clone forum and you and your thieving friends who think just like you can talk about them all day. You will receive no love from this community regarding counterfeits, clones, OR the companies who produce such. Forcing your opinion hear is silly and futile. But you will make yourself a social pariah and get banned quickly.

Go start a clone forum and you and your thieving friends who think just like you can talk about them all day. You will receive no love from this community regarding counterfeits, clones, OR the companies who produce such. Forcing your opinion hear is silly and futile. But you will make yourself a social pariah and get banned quickly.
I don't need to start my own forum, as I have a pretty big follower base on various platforms (more than you do I'm sure).
As for the love - look at the amount of likes I've received (especially considering the likes for posts ratio and the fact that lots of my posts were posted in the W&C section), guess some guys here share at least some of my opinions.
I didn't force my opinion, but expressed it as I do own this knife (which I already stated isn't a counterfeit or even a clone of any other model) and a few members here chose to attack me personally based on that opinion.
News flash to those 10 or so members - YOU DON'T OWN THE KNIFE COMMUNITY!
We are not in W&C - so better stay on topic of this particular knife - the Ganzo F753M1.

Oh, I see. Delusional. Carry on, counterfeit supporter. Your stay will be brief I'm sure.

I am on topic, by the way. My opinion of the knife in the OP is it is garbage made by a counterfeit manufacturer.

Counterfeit of what exactly?
It has a Ganzo/Firebird logo on it and isn't a clone of any model that is known to me, not by size, specs, materials, etc.
It does use the G-Lock, which has a similar concept as an Axis Lock, but they even changed that to look a bit different in this model.
And the model was designed and made after the Axis lock patent has expired.
Your clone hating (and personal hatred towards me) have blinded you that you no longer can see the objective truth.
Ganzo called it an axis lock for the longest time. I don't know what they call it now and nor do I care. They copied it exactly and called it the trademarked name. That gives the impression it is something it is not: legit. That is counterfeiting. If you've got definitive proof the axis lock patent is expired post it up. You won't find any though. This has been researched and discussed here long before you came along. If was expired why aren't legit US companies using it?

I won't be having a back and forth with you because you clearly don't know what you are talking about and have a very obvious nefarious agenda.

Last edited:
Ganzo called it an axis lock for the longest time. I don't know what they call it now and nor do I care. They copied it exactly and called it the trademarked name.
because you clearly don't know what you are talking about
No sir, you don't know what you are talking about.
The sellers who sell Ganzo Knives call it the Axis Lock (which is a pretty generic name by now for this type of lock, we already discussed this in another thread), look on their website - they call it the G-Lock.
The patent thing also got discussed there - this is the patent application: http://www.google.com/patents/US6751868
Calculate 20 years, the patent expired on July 20, 2016. Benchmade has a trademark on the term "Axis Lock".

If was expired why aren't legit US companies using it?
My guess is because they don't want to get negative reactions as the patent just recently expired.
Some of them already do though, but they change the concept a bit and call it by a different name.
Spyderco (bolt lock), SOG (arc lock), Shirogorov (don't even know how they named it).
But they play by a different set of rules and don't suffer from the bias and hatred as the Chinese knife companies do.

What does "ATech" mean or stand for?
It's a nickname. What does monkeynono stand for?

No sir, you don't know what you are talking about.
The sellers who sell Ganzo Knives call it the Axis Lock (which is a pretty generic name by now for this type of lock, we already discussed this in another thread), look on their website - they call it the G-Lock.
The patent thing also got discussed there - this is the patent application: http://www.google.com/patents/US6751868
Calculate 20 years, the patent expired on July 20, 2016. Benchmade has a trademark on the term "Axis Lock".

My guess is because they don't want to get negative reactions as the patent just recently expired.
Some of them already do though, but they change the concept a bit and call it by a different name.
Spyderco (bolt lock), SOG (arc lock), Shirogorov (don't even know how they named it).
But they play by a different set of rules and don't suffer from the bias and hatred as the Chinese knife companies do.

It's a nickname. What does monkeynono stand for?
I assume it's in reference to you being a mechanic?

Monkeynono is what a friend of mine used to say to me when I did something bad.

I don't agree with that statement. I believe attacking their knives which aren't copies of other knives and people who own those is shortsighted and ignorant.
Why would they ever want to change their line of products if you attack their knives no matter if the model they produce uses other people's design features or not?
BTW - they do produce some knives that have 100% original design and don't need your praise as they are widely popular and sell (by numbers) better than some other established knife brands.

I just answered the question in the topic of the thread as I do own this knife.

So Hackenslash, is that your M.O. here? Attack my morals instead of objectively speaking about the knives? That kinda makes you an ignorant hater.
Dude, welcome to my ignore list. That's unfortunate because I'm usually pretty chill and enjoy an INTELLIGENT and RESPECTFUL back-and-forth, but you've said nothing that contributed to this discussion for many posts now. You've become intent on stirring the pot rather than being part of a forum community. This is at the point of the proverbial "wrestling with a pig in the mud". Enjoy your knives and enjoy your tenure at BF.

Time to stop feeding the troll, folks.

Like I said, you don't know what you are talking about. Spyderco and sog's locks are vastly different and have their own patents. Not being able to recognize this ends the debate. You lose. Shiro is not US based and did copy the axis lock exactly like ganzo. It was a scummy move and they stopped. Patent law is far more complex then just adding 20 years to the filling date. No legit company has used the axis lock. Mchennry Williams is still paying on the current axis lock patent, the one that is currently being printed on bm knives. Why do that if it is expired? The only way to end this debate is with a court case. Until then it should be considered active. I've been through this with many other counterfeit supporters. Most of them end up being banned as trolls.

Last edited:
Enjoy your knives and enjoy your tenure at BF.
Look at the current thread and you will see who stirred the pot. If that comment irritated some folks, it's their problem rather than mine.
Didn't ask for all this attention but I must admit I kinda enjoy it.
Thanks btw, I do enjoy my knives and hope I will continue to do so.

Spyderco and sog's locks are vastly different
Dude, be real here, they aren't vastly different, it's the same basic concept.
The fact that you change the spring or the cutouts doesn't make it vastly different, only enough for it not to be considered as a patent violation.
If the G-Lock is theft and patent infringement - why don't Benchmade sue Ganzo? Probably because they can't.
In the same way - it's not a patent violation unless being proved in court that it is.

I assume it's in reference to you being a mechanic?
I'm not a mechanic. It's a combination of the letter "A" and the word Technology.

Look at the current thread and you will see who stirred the pot. If that comment irritated some folks, it's their problem rather than mine.
Didn't ask for all this attention but I must admit I kinda enjoy it.
Thanks btw, I do enjoy my knives and hope I will continue to do so.

Dude, be real here, they aren't vastly different, it's the same basic concept.
The fact that you change the spring or the cutouts doesn't make it vastly different, only enough for it not to be considered as a patent violation.
If the G-Lock is theft and patent infringement - why don't Benchmade sue Ganzo? Probably because they can't.
In the same way - it's not a patent violation unless being proved in court that it is.

I'm not a mechanic. It's a combination of the letter "A" and the word Technology.
Dude, be real here, you support theft and enjoy coming up with excuses to justify it. The only people around here that will agree with you do the same thing. Those people are few. Most here have ability recognise right and wrong. You and those like you do not. Take care now. Watch those fingers with your counterfeit knives;)

Take care now. Watch those fingers with your counterfeit knives
Thanks man, take care too. If I didn't cut my fingers by now - I think I'll be alright.
Worst cut I ever had was with my genuine Cold Steel Voyager Vaquero XL BTW. That is one mean blade.

I don't need to start my own forum, as I have a pretty big follower base on various platforms (more than you do I'm sure).
As for the love - look at the amount of likes I've received (especially considering the likes for posts ratio and the fact that lots of my posts were posted in the W&C section), guess some guys here share at least some of my opinions.
I didn't force my opinion, but expressed it as I do own this knife (which I already stated isn't a counterfeit or even a clone of any other model) and a few members here chose to attack me personally based on that opinion.
News flash to those 10 or so members - YOU DON'T OWN THE KNIFE COMMUNITY!
We are not in W&C - so better stay on topic of this particular knife - the Ganzo F753M1.
So...you base your moral and professional standing on the number of forum likes you get? [eyeroll moment] That explains everything. Entitlement combined with situational ethics and populist validation.

I saw this post by accident, but now I'm glad I did. I understand now where you're coming from. Thanks for clearing everything up.

So...you base your moral and professional standing on the number of forum likes you get? [eyeroll moment] That explains everything. Entitlement combined with situational ethics and populist validation.

I saw this post by accident, but now I'm glad I did. I understand now where you're coming from. Thanks for clearing everything up.
It is something a kid thinks.

Reactions: Mo2
No, don't try to twist my words.
I was referring to the fact that despite the hate I got from you and your buddies, I got some love around here as well.
If I was a populist, I guess I'd be all like: "Oh man, you bought a Ganzo? You are a thieving shill!".
Didn't you say you put me in the Ignore list BTW?

Just to stay on topic of this thread - here is a video demo of my G753M1:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back