Is it just me?

I just cleared cookies on Mobile Safari and it still blocks me, says the site isn’t secure.

I use an iPhone and went to settings -> Safari -> clear history and website data and it worked after that

Safari won't let me go there, but I can open it with Firefox. It still gives me the warning, but has an option to ignore it and go to the site.
I'm having the same Safari issue now. Security issue and won't allow me to connect.

The latest Certificate errors have been brewing for a few years. See the templarbit article below for a brief history. There are other certificate issues as well, for Chrome 70, FF 64/65, Opera, and some other browsers. Some of you may have had a recent crash of add-ons like NoScript, AdBlocker, etc, as well as Avast and other security SW due to certificate problems. (FF fix available for that yesterday)

Other platforms may (do) still allow access, but more certificate issues are ongoing and incoming, e.g. the MiTM attacks and the DarkMatter Certificate Authority application from the UAE.

Most of this stuff is deep in the weeds for y'all. You just want to interact with the dang fora.

Read a little more about it below. As an aside, you can also change settings on FF to allow cert exceptions (as well as for other popular browsers).

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/ne...5-rollout-due-to-insecure-certificate-errors/

"Google and Mozilla’s distrust of Symantec and sub-brand certificates (GeoTrust, Thawte, VeriSign, Equifax, and RapidSSL) means your users will see a warning page blocking the path to your website when they are using Chrome and Firefox."

https://www.templarbit.com/blog/201...on-block-sites-with-certain-ssl-certificates/

good luck

It’s just an expired ssl cert on the server. Nothing you can do about it on the client side. I’m sure Spyderco will renew their cert in time, and probably put better monitoring/alerting in place to prevent this again. I suggest using this forums for now unless you browse on a computer and can bypass the cert error(not recommended since you may be inputing your username and PW unencrypted).

Source: do this for a living

It's about 7:00am here on Monday the 6th and I'm now starting to get those message/flags and the only way I can get out of it is to go to another website. I'm going to try it on other browsers and see what happens. Heck this has been going on for days now??

When this thread was started I wasn't having any problems, but as of last night neither Firefox nor Chrome work on my computer. My phone still gets me there - Android using Chrome. I suspect it is only a matter of time before that doesn't work any more.

Thanks to all who have responded.

For me anyway, the forum became reachable for a short time yesterday then the error came back and has been back since. Have tried with Firefox, Edge, and Chrome on two separate Windows 10 computers, with no joy. Don't have a smartphone or tablet, and my Linux box died a few months back and I haven't gotten around to replacing it. On the on hand, am glad to know I'm not the only one having this problem, on the other, I'm sorry others are having it too. Guess we just have to wait for someone from Spyderco to fix it.

Kristi is looking into it.

sal

Thanks Sal,

FWIW, here's what it looks like in Firefox on Windows 10

SF%20Error.png

It's 11:00am where I'm at now and I still can't get on the Spyderco.com forum. Not trying to be annoying but just letting everyone know that we still have a problem. I hope it gets fixed soon.

Can't get into the forums today. Could yesterday but not today. However, the main Spyderco website and login to buy stuff there is unaffected. I use Windows 7 w/Firefox. Doesn't matter much to me because I prefer BF to the Spyderco Forums and seldom log-in there; just read threads when a search takes me there.

Anyway, FWIW, this is the msg I received today when I attempted bring up the forum login page:

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to forum.spyderco.com. Peer’s Certificate has been revoked. Error code: SEC_ERROR_REVOKED_CERTIFICATE

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

Learn more…

Report errors like this to help Mozilla identify and block malicious sites

Back