Is it legal for a 14 year old to carry a Buck 110?

It shouldn't be a problem. On the odd occasion I venture up north, I carry one of my folders, never had a problem and seen a few people with assorted styles of fixed blades. According to the letter of the law, it's very similar to Oregon, as long as it doesn't cause other people to be intimidated. There's no reason why a 110 would cause you any problems. If anyone asks, just tell them it's a tool and nothing more

Do what you want but be aware of your surroundings. Don't do stupid things and don't hang around with people that give you a bad image. Even if you think they are your friends rest assured they will drop you like a hot rock as soon as something goes south.

Sorry old thread but it reminded me that when I was fourteen most every truck in the student parking lot had a rifle in the gun rack and we never had a school shooting.
Ah the good old days--- similar scenario with me, no shootings , just an occasional good old fashion one on one fist fight after school LOL

Can't believe no one has stated this.

If you are unsure as to its legality, the last thing you want to do is conceal it. Open carry laws down here (in Oregon) mean it is cool as long as you aren't hiding it and it is legal for you to possess in the first place. As soon as you conceal it you are carrying a concealed weapon, which is most definitely illegal without the proper paperwork.

Keep in mind nearly every building in existence receiving federal dollars (schools, courts, the post office etc) have a straight up ban on all weapons.

Lastly, if it has sentimental value, just rock it when you are at home man. You don't need it to end up in evidence lockup. Just pick up a cheapo 440c folding blade for being out and about. 3 sharp inches will do anything a Buck 110 would do when you are in public and can be deep set in your pocket.

And, somewhat related, snapping a pocket knife open with confidence can have the same affect as pumping a 12 gauge. It is like a smile, the same in all languages, except its a grimace that says you are willing to defend you and yours. And the best way to defend yourself with a knife is not to stab someone, but rather to dissuade them from coming at you any further.

Good luck and be smart bro.

Back