Is It Possible to Have Too Many Buck 110s?

Is it possible to have too many Buck 110 folding knives?

• No

Votes: 24 48.0%
  • How DARE YOU even ask!

Votes: 19 38.0%
  • Only if you're trying to swim

Votes: 27 54.0%

• Total voters
Is that green bone a SMKW exclusive ?
I know they had a few smooth bone options over the years, one of them were a long nail pull which was quite attractive.
pjsjr pjsjr ....That particular "Green Bone" was done for Ozark Cutlery, Joplin MO. It was supposed to be a serialized run of 250. I can't remember the details, something about Satin vs Mirror Polished. Half were made one way, when the correction was made to the correct blade finish Buck mistakenly restarted the Serial # at 1 again so 2 separate runs of 001-125/250, each with a different blade finish. They came in a Jewel case.

Preston, does your's have a serial # and what is it? The highest serial # would have been 125/250.
There might have been some unserialized BO's, not sure.

Anyone feel free to correct me if my memory is wrong, unlike the Pope, I am not infallable.

Last edited:
pjsjr pjsjr ....That particular "Green Bone" was done for Ozark Cutlery, Joplin MO. It was supposed to be a serialized run of 250. I can't remember the details, something about Satin vs Mirror Polished. Half were made one way, when the correction was made to the correct blade finish Buck mistakenly restarted the Serial # at 1 again so 2 separate runs of 001-125/250, each with a different blade finish. They came in a Jewel case.

Preston, does your's have a serial # and what is it? The highest serial # would have been 125/250.
There might have been some unserialized BO's, not sure.

Anyone feel free to correct me if my memory is wrong, unlike the Pope, I am not infallable.
You are correct, as usual,...this one has a mirror polished blade, jewel case and is numbered, 070/250. I think, I remember, you commenting same when I first posted this knife.
zTMkzMv.jpg

That is a great question which I ask myself daily. My obvious answer is No. My wife and friends may disagree.

Even I have 'few' 110's..I'm not quite sure how many it would take to drag you underwater tho. I had a mental picture of my Brother stuffing hundreds down his pants leg and shirt...

Wow I and I thought I was alone in this world with this problem, SO glad that I'm not and actually I it seems that I only have a mild case of "outdoor tool acquisition syndrome". The other day I was cataloging my fixed and folding knife collection to see what I might be missing, noted that it seems by VAST majority I have mostly Buck knives (Not on purpose!) (as I also have mostly Rugers, also not on purpose), and then GASP! I realized I do not own one single Buck 110!!!!! WHAAAAT?????? So no big deal, just buy a 110. and THEN I was in one of my local outdoor stores and saw the 110 Slim Pro in brown Micarta and WOW I bought that, such a beauty! (I also picked up a "The 55" in brass and ebony).

Anyway, the reason I landed here is because I was looking at the 110 Slim Pro and admiring how well made it is, perfectly manufactured actually and although I can open this one-handed using the thumb studs in my opinion this style knife is not about one-handed opening and the thumb studs really should not be there. Kind of like putting a rear racing spoiler on a pickup truck. The 110 Slim Pro is so sleek and elegantly made that the thumb studs kind of look like something the marketing guy (clueless MBA type) forced the engineering team or knife designer (actually know what they are talking about) to add to the design. Kind of like "a fancy modern knife is supposed to have this" but really not right for a 110 in my opinion.

Besides if you look at the most likely use case for this knife it's not about one-handed opening in a back alley self defense scenario, it's more about being the one at the table who can deftly cut the slice of cheesecake into three perfect pieces when at the Cheesecake Factory for a relative's birthday party and everyone wants to try some new flavor cake. And in THIS case the thumbstuds will be hard to clean, you won't be able to just wipe the blade down with one swipe of a napkin and fold it and put it away, the thumb studs will be all gummed-up, yuk!

But I am 100% happy that I saw this knife in person at a local shop and bought it after looking at it for only 10 seconds, I HAD to have it and now I have a 110. And the construction is flawless, it really is a beauty.

Welcome, quite a first post! May there be many Buck 110s in your future.
I have many 110s and carry a 110 Slim Pro most everyday. The only thing I don't like about it is the thumb stud.
I would not use any 110 to cut cheesecake.

Actually, I have two, one too many. Once i received my Ti customized 110, the 20CV DLT exclusive stays in the drawer. Need to make up my mind if I want to sell it ...

No because I’ve got my eye on a couple now. I can’t remember the name of the limited series, but they were the exact reproductions of the original (60’s ?) 110. The slimmer handle and skinnier blade.

Also a factory auto. They make a factory auto! Gotta have at least one.
Federal & magnolia

I’ve only ever owned two. I still have the one I carried back in the mid to late 80s. A true classic, but traditionals and lock backs are not my thing these days. Of course I’ll never get rid of it, and I honestly think my son will enjoy having it and knowing it was valued.

The answer is, was, and will continue to be no :);)

Federal & magnolia

And now I need a 110 Federal. If I can manage to find one.

See how this works. It never ends. “Enough” is relative and the answer will always be no 😁😆:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back