• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Is Kershaw Knives Selling Direct Now?

"Kershaw Knives Direct does not have any affiliation with Kai USA, Ltd., the parent company of Kershaw, Shun and ZT knives. You may visit their official site at www.kershawknives.com"

(In a former line of work, I got used to reading the fine print...;))

Last edited:
"Kershaw Knives Direct does not have any affiliation with Kai USA, Ltd., the parent company of Kershaw, Shun and ZT knives. You may visit their official site at www.kershawknives.com"

(In a former line of work, I got used to reading the fine print...;))

A little misleading one might say. On Google Adwords they state" Buy Kershaw Knives "Direct" and save. Doesn't direct me direct from the source?

A little misleading one might say. On Google Adwords they state" Buy Kershaw Knives "Direct" and save. Doesn't direct me direct from the source?

Yeah, I'd say it's at least a little misleading, and in fact it would make me feel less than fully comfortable doing business with them.

There are plenty of great Kershaw dealers to choose from.

Yeah, I'd say it's at least a little misleading, and in fact it would make me feel less than fully comfortable doing business with them.

There are plenty of great Kershaw dealers to choose from.

By chance I found out that they also operate 3 other websites using the same format and misleading tactics.

They are www.Buck-Knife-Direct.com, www.GerberKnivesDirect.com, and www.eSpydercoKnives.com. There logo for this one really hides the e so all that stands out is Spyderco Knives. One would think the manufactures would not like this form of deception. Maybe they do not because the all mighty dollar is the real driving force? Yes I looked and they do have small disclaimers, some really small. I just think it is wrong. I wonder if they really have relationships with any of the company's listed? My two cents worth.

Last edited:
Actually I think we're about the only major manufacturer that doesn't sell direct to the public. I thought that's what dealers were for.:confused:

The purpose is to get good rankings in search engines. A site named kershawknivesdirect will be found better than some other name if you put kershaw knives in the search block. The owner isn't trying to mislead. He is trying to be found among the 100's of millions of web sites on the net.

Actually there is a downside and that is that some people will confuse him with the manufacturer and take his time asking manufacturer related questions. I know this because I operate forschnerknives.net and I get people asking me how to apply for a dealership or where is the nearest store to Centralia, Kansas every day. Now that Victorinox won't sell to me, I guess I'll change the site it to something related to Kershaw knives. ;)

The purpose is to get good rankings in search engines. A site named kershawknivesdirect will be found better than some other name if you put kershaw knives in the search block. The owner isn't trying to mislead. He is trying to be found among the 100's of millions of web sites on the net.

Actually there is a downside and that is that some people will confuse him with the manufacturer and take his time asking manufacturer related questions. I know this because I operate forschnerknives.net and I get people asking me how to apply for a dealership or where is the nearest store to Centralia, Kansas every day. Now that Victorinox won't sell to me, I guess I'll change the site it to something related to Kershaw knives. ;)
I understand what you are saying about showing better in the search engines. I can think of two other stores www.kershaw-knives.net and www.thekershawstore.com. Both of these stores it is clear to see they are not Kershaw Knives the manufacturer. One has their company name posted on the website and the other has a disclaimer at the very top of their homepage. Not like Kershaw Knives direct where the name sounds direct and their disclaimer is posted at the very bottom where most people never venture. So I must respectfully disagree with your statement.

Back