Is survive knives an awesome knife company ?

To start off hub welcome to the forum.

I think a large majority of us can understand the frustrations with ordering and receiving a S! Knife. I may be wrong but I believe the starter program was made to help prevent some of these issues. I hope once you receive your new knife your more pleased then you expected.

Hi Hub, welcome to the forum man. Doesn't sound like you're trolling, sounds like you know what you want and have been trying to get it for a long time. The information on this forum that has helped get me up to speed with this company. I hope you find it helpful and informative here as well.

Also, there have been several 4.1's on the exchange here lately: Production Fixed Blades

To start off hub welcome to the forum.

I think a large majority of us can understand the frustrations with ordering and receiving a S! Knife. I may be wrong but I believe the starter program was made to help prevent some of these issues. I hope once you receive your new knife your more pleased then you expected.

I am sure the new one will be fine and will like it, if not I just sell it. Not the first time I done a catch and release on a knife I thought I would like.

Hi Hub, welcome to the forum man. Doesn't sound like you're trolling, sounds like you know what you want and have been trying to get it for a long time. The information on this forum that has helped get me up to speed with this company. I hope you find it helpful and informative here as well.

Also, there have been several 4.1's on the exchange here lately: Production Fixed Blades

Thanks for the welcome. I have found this forum informative and have read blade forums for quite some time, just never posted cause I really did not have anything to contribute to threads that were not already covered.

Yeah I bought one from a guy on another forum (not sure of the rules of saying that forum name) and he had it listed here as well. Not exactly what I wanted but I do like it and he was a great guy to deal with.

Hubmonkey,

I'm glad you took the dive and made a post. My 2 cents, try to understand SURVIVE! was a two person operation and just gained third. Try to be patient.

Now I'll get long winded :D

It's not the first time I heard a story like yours because a lot of people like what they see when they look at SURVIVE! knives and they really want to have one.

S! is a unique company and they're young and growing, they're also in constant high demand. You had some well laid out thoughts so I may be coming dangerously close to telling you things you already know. S! isn't full custom where a guy blacksmiths the blade out of a lump of steel, but the knives get way, way more attention than any production knife.

A perk of being here is the involvement of Guy and Ellie and I would guess that the time it takes them to make or respond to a post is about the same time it would take to reply to one email. As a customer you want to hear back right away or get your product right away, but the people responding to emails are the same ones assembling knives, boxing them up for shipping, testing new designs and hand sharpening each blade. It's just not physically possible to do it all at once. You can probably guess you're not the only one who wants an email replied to or a shipping notification.

Some people realize the above and move on to a different company. Some people understand the above and decide to stick it out knowing that Guy and his team really are doing everything in their power to get you the best product possible as quickly as possible.

Hopefully you'll stick around, post a pic of your 4.1 snd share your thoughts when you compare it to your starter model :thumbup:

I really wanted a 4.1 a while back after seeing some posts here on BF. However, they were always sold out so I moved on. I recently discovered this subforum much to my surprise. I recently ordered one and have one on the way. However, neither of them are a 4.1. I am really excited to experience the new knives as well as this subforum.

Welcome Klutz. You might keep an eye on the sales forum of BF by individuals. There have been some very nice 4.1s for sale there in the past. I carry the 4.1 a lot, and it is a very capable knife in a small package. What knife did you order?

I really wanted a 4.1 a while back after seeing some posts here on BF. However, they were always sold out so I moved on. I recently discovered this subforum much to my surprise. I recently ordered one and have one on the way. However, neither of them are a 4.1. I am really excited to experience the new knives as well as this subforum.

Glad you're here! Kind of like Mac said, you may or may not want to check page 4 of the exchange................

Welcome Klutz. You might keep an eye on the sales forum of BF by individuals. There have been some very nice 4.1s for sale there in the past. I carry the 4.1 a lot, and it is a very capable knife in a small package. What knife did you order?

I preordered the 4.5 as a special anniversary gift from the wife. I really was looking for a thin stock 3v fixed blade. I was going to get a Bark River Kephart but it just didn't apeal to me at all. I knew it would be a long wait for my order. No big deal since I knew it going in. I had also been trying to decide on a larger knife without a choil. I saw the post yesterday hinting at the 5.0 in stock. So I took the plunge on the 5.

Nice choices ^. Welcome to the forum.

I didn't like the look of the BRK Kephart, but I did use a buddy's and was pleasantly surprised. But if the 4.5 functions as good as it looks, it should edge the kephart, for me. I did a flat grind on a liten bror, and it reminds me somewhat of the 4.5 after being thinned down. Going to be interesting to see one finished so we get a better idea.

I like my 5.1 very much as a single knife option, and I enjoy the choil to choke up in for fine work. I get it there are folks that do not like choils, and I prefer them chiolless if I have a smaller knife option with me for fine work. I think you will find that the 5 is an excellent choice. Post back here your thoughts, with pictures please.

Great choice on the 5 Klutz and Welcome also! It's a great size knife that can beat the crap out of almost anything in its way and it's also nimble enough to really light carving.

Back