Is the 5 going away?

Any tips or favorite uses aside from food prep for the 15?

If Mr. Becker (I don't think I have the time in to call him "Uncle E." yet) suggests a snap of the wrist, might I suggest a lanyard for both
A: safety
B: you can get a grip a little further back and use the rear behind the palm swell, as a pivot and increase the snap that you can put momentum into the swing without added worry for losing your grip.

I don't know if I have explained that as clearly as I picture it. If you would like for me to show in a photo, I will.

The lanyard makes a lot of sense.

Back when I was younger and played racquetball, there were times I used the wrist strap on the racket to keep it from flying out of my hand and hitting my opponent or the wall when I would grip low and snap the wrist.

I can't imagine how much more terrifying a BK5 flying across the room would be.

B: you can get a grip a little further back and use the rear behind the palm swell, as a pivot and increase the snap that you can put momentum into the swing without added worry for losing your grip.

I don't know if I have explained that as clearly as I picture it. If you would like for me to show in a photo, I will.

Here is an old photo with the way I run my lanyard and use this grip. I hope this helps.

Jeremy

please to avoid boomerang lanyard syndrome :>

Still haven't pulled the trigger on a 5... but I bought another 15 today.
The 5 is out of stock at a couple of the places I usually use; I'm not worried about them disappearing quite yet.

OK, Because of this thread, I ordered a BK-5. It was just now delivered. What an awesome knife, very intense, very intimidating. That curved edge looks like it could carve through just about anything that gets in its way.

The dilemma now is do I modify it or keep it in the box for the future? :confused: I want to strip and patina it, polish the back, change out the grips, sharpen the crap out of it and use it. Then there is the side that wants to keep it pristine and save it for a Grand Kid.

Hummm….the Grand Kid can get his own, I’m using it!:D

Bike, only in using it can you really enjoy that knife and see just what it will do. It's gluten free by the way.

That's a shame. When it 1st came out I figured the 15 was probably the best all around KNIFE in the lineup. There's plenty of log splitters but as as knife I thought it would excel.

Never put any thought into ordering one and didn't wanna drop 80$ on one either.

Needless to say, I ordered one last night..

Well - You guys did it.

I had the BK16, Got the BK11 - thought " OK - I'm done - I have too many knives now and don't need anymore. Love that 15 and 5 though. "

See thread. Order both.

Credit Card company loves me.

Now looking at the 14.

( EDIT : When I say too many knives - It's basically those plus a folder and a Mora . . . but I just started this a couple months ago. oy. )

Last edited:
Well - You guys did it.

I had the BK16, Got the BK11 - thought " OK - I'm done - I have too many knives now and don't need anymore. Love that 15 and 5 though. "

See thread. Order both.

Credit Card company loves me.

Now looking at the 14.

( EDIT : When I say too many knives - It's basically those plus a folder and a Mora . . . but I just started this a couple months ago. oy. )

Bad news for you...your not going to stop there. I said the same thing after I got the 2 and the 9....now I have almost all of them. Just got my 12 and a 15 is in the mail to my post office. Just have to get a 17 and a 14 to finish the set...the first set that is.

Still waiting for my 9 to arrive and had to finally order a 15 after seeing this thread. Sad news but at least it got me off my butt.

This is so not cool but I am certainly glad to know in advance that I need to buy one more of each. Thanks for the heads up-

Now that phone 6 is out, indeed, the 5 is going away :)

Got the 5's covered, plan to get an iPhone 6 in the next couple weeks. When can I expect a BK6? :D:D

dbb2f5fe25ed1c62cd40d0cfd8cfe2a8.jpg

The 5's not going away at my house. And none of those made in China "5s" at my house either. Apple can keep their phones, no matter the number.

15397155805_c8d340b26a_b.jpg

Just finished up some curly maple scales for it.

My car is dead, my computer is dead, but my android nexus 7.2 and iPhone 6 rock on :p

Back