Is the Camp Knife really dead?

A good water stone and a strop! It just depends on how shape it is already! Just make sure you hold it at the same angle the whole length of the blade no matter which one you use! Got to go Brother, Later!

Bump! I've taken out the Camp Knife the last couple times and left the RAT7 at home. It has worked very well for wood processing! This one's a winner for sure!

Bump! I've taken out the Camp Knife the last couple times and left the RAT7 at home. It has worked very well for wood processing! This one's a winner for sure!

Pics Please. I'm looking into finishing up a JK camp set since I have been really enjoying the burlap knives I've had from him, might as well finish up with one for every use. I was thinking of just doing a massive mud turtle kind of thing, but maybe a larger camp or hudson bay would make more sense.

I like the large nessmuk looking thing CBach has in post 12. I always wondered how the more bellied/flowing designs did with wood processing.
https://bladeforums.com/threads/is-the-camp-knife-really-dead.1633852/#post-18758117

Pics Please. I'm looking into finishing up a JK camp set since I have been really enjoying the burlap knives I've had from him, might as well finish up with one for every use. I was thinking of just doing a massive mud turtle kind of thing, but maybe a larger camp or hudson bay would make more sense.

I like the large nessmuk looking thing CBach has in post 12. I always wondered how the more bellied/flowing designs did with wood processing.
https://bladeforums.com/threads/is-the-camp-knife-really-dead.1633852/#post-18758117
Hudson Bay

Very nice on both John. Might have to get more details on that Hudson Bay in a while. I feel like most Hudson Bay designs that I've seen have a clip-point, which I actually don't like on that type of blade (tall) and I tend to be a bit of a clip-point nut.

I believe John called this a recurve camp knife. I can't remember how many years I've owned it but it's a great "one knife solution" for camping. It chops like a larger blade and does great at food prep. With it and a small folder I'm ready for anything I would normally encounter when camping or woods bumming.

I believe John called this a recurve camp knife. I can't remember how many years I've owned it but it's a great "one knife solution" for camping. It chops like a larger blade and does great at food prep. With it and a small folder I'm ready for anything I would normally encounter when camping or woods bumming.

Very nicr blade! What blade thickness was run on that?

Like Bond Arms you have there. My brother has one about that size. Seem like they would be fun to shoot once you get accustomed to the trigger.

Very nicr blade! What blade thickness was run on that?

Like Bond Arms you have there. My brother has one about that size. Seem like they would be fun to shoot once you get accustomed to the trigger.
Mine is the 45/410. 45 Colts shot okay but the recoil is what you expect. I normally carry 3" #6 410 shot shells in it when walking with a couple 00 buckshot rounds in my pocket. I pretty sure a person could kill a grouse with one...... but I can't go into details.

Back