Is the forum slow for anyone else on desktop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwissHeritageCo

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Firstly, this is not a knock on BF itself as I think it's a wonderful place... but I am curious if anyone else is having issues with the desktop version loading extremely slowly? Mobile doesn't seem to be an issue, but I regularly run into cloudflare errors and other slow loading times on desktop.

Does this happen to anyone else or is it something to do with my browser configuration? Thanks much.

Yeah on mobile and laptop both. Getting the error is rare, but it seems to lag right at the start of making a connection a lot of the time. I assume the error comes when some timeout is hit. I was thinking something wrong with looking up the DNS info, but maybe it's something else with the Cloudfront CDN, given that error

Way late edit: I get the 522 errors also a lot now.

Last edited:
I am using chrome like always and it is slowing down right now,and for a couple of days before today.

Edit: as soon as I posted the above the site got really fast again.

Looks like the forum servers have regressed to dial-up today. There isn't any reason I can think of why this forum is so slow to respond. Its getting worse all the time too.....

Fine for me on Chromebook (at the moment, anyway)

I’ve only used my iPad, but of all the forums I participate in BF is without a doubt the slowest and buggiest. Does paid membership get you a bump in performance?

Worse tonight than I've seen it; slow and then times out often. Took me over 5 minutes just to open this thread.

Gets slow for me often. Worse in the evening. Between this and the hacks it's a little concerning.

I thought I was the only one so I didnt want to complain..
It has sucked on my IPhone 12 for a long time in the early evenings.. Real sporadic sometimes and others it just wont connect at all..
I just renewed my membership and I hope this aint another 1yr snafu adventure that we got to put up with..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back