Is the report button working?

Yo Mama

Gold Member
Sent in 2 tickets, have not heard or seen anything. What is the normal eta?

Why would you see or hear anything? I think you may be laboring under a misapprehension as to how reporting works around here. As far as I can tell, mods review the report and take the appropriate action, I doubt they have the time or inclination to follow up with the members that do the reporting.

Yep, I get that, just waiting for some necessary editing due to rule violation

It’s not quite a rule violation. Someone mentioning a manufacturer is ok as long as it isn’t constant.

Sent in 2 tickets, have not heard or seen anything. What is the normal eta?

If you report a post, a mod will look at it. A mod might get back to you about it. Usually not. Later, you might notice that a post has been edited or you might see that a warning has been issued. Or maybe the mod will look at the report and not see anything in violation of the rules. Like last night.

The poster has a liking for a specific brand. Not illegal.
I checked his posting history. He posts other things, too, so I don't consider him a shill. A fanboy, maybe.

The brand he likes primarily sells on their own website, though I saw the brand listed for sale on at least one dealer site, as well. Many manufacturers sell their knives on their own website.
If that brand sold other brands as well as their own on their website, I would consider them a dealer. But I only saw their own knives for sale on their site. So I consider that a straight manufacturer website and not a dealer. We allow folks to reference a manufacturer's web site.

If you report a post, a mod will look at it. A mod might get back to you about it. Usually not. Later, you might notice that a post has been edited or you might see that a warning has been issued. Or maybe the mod will look at the report and not see anything in violation of the rules. Like last night.

The poster has a liking for a specific brand. Not illegal.
I checked his posting history. He posts other things, too, so I don't consider him a shill. A fanboy, maybe.

The brand he likes primarily sells on their own website, though I saw the brand listed for sale on at least one dealer site, as well. Many manufacturers sell their knives on their own website.
If that brand sold other brands as well as their own on their website, I would consider them a dealer. But I only saw their own knives for sale on their site. So I consider that a straight manufacturer website and not a dealer. We allow folks to reference a manufacturer's web site.

Thanks for the reply! I'm fine knowing everything was at least reviewed. I appreciate the work mods do.

For my own sanity, the ignore button will finally be used!

I’ve come to learn that the mod staff is not on here 24/7. I’ve also learned that when you report a post, if you’re concern is in the form of a legitimate question the mods will respond with a PM.

Frank the mod has omnipresent super powers. So there is that.
I’ve come to learn that the mod staff is not on here 24/7. I’ve also learned that when you report a post, if you’re concern is in the form of a legitimate question the mods will respond with a PM.

Back