Is the Spartan discontinued?

I can’t seem to find the AUS10a model online or at my local retailer. Always wanted that big beefy tank.

Better grab a Rajah 2 before that vanishes too, then.

Which one are you referring to? The Spartan or the Rajah 2? Hot damn, want ‘em both, man.

Rajah, it's a freakin' folding kukri. I came close to getting the Spartan many times simply for the grip/handle. But it never quite tickled my toe nails. Fill yer boots though if it does it for you.:thumbsup:

The big blades are fun but don't bypass the little ones. Some of them are incredibly practical, like the Finn Wolf.

I finally managed to get my hands on a Spartan, I've been wanting one for a long time. It came razor-sharp, with what is probably the smoothest Tri-Ad lock of any of my Cold Steels.

However, the knife just doesn't feel right in hand. Someone with extra large hands might have a grip problem, mine just barely fits comfortably. And comfortably is not the correct way to describe it because the edges of the handle sit proud of the liner and the edges are sharp. Maybe I'll "come to grips" with it eventually, but right now it's back in the box, stored away in the safe with the collection.

Ya I grabbed a Spartan a while back also. I like it more than I thought I would. I might get a Rajah 3 before......... whatever.

They are not discontinued. This is being perpetuated throughout the internet for some reason by random people.

I would love to see that beautifully shaped Spartan blade on a model with a G-10 handle, or at least an affordable/conventional (flatter) GRN like the new Mini Recon. I think it would be a great seller.
The current Fred Flintstone handle is just too "fantasy" genre for me.

The Spartan kicks all other knives into a well of doom! It is definitive! Iconic! Quite possibly bionic! Heck, it drinks the molten bloody steel of other knives and craps out the shiny lumps from which lesser knives are made! The Spartan will never die!

(One of these days I'll own one.)

I would love to see that beautifully shaped Spartan blade on a model with a G-10 handle, or at least an affordable/conventional (flatter) GRN like the new Mini Recon. I think it would be a great seller.
The current Fred Flintstone handle is just too "fantasy" genre for me.

That's exactly what I said. Then I held one and bought it on the spot. It's awesome!

Back