is there a way to delete the glitch posts?

I can't see any options to delete the duplicate posts...anyone know how?

Users can't delete posts. Mods can, but duplicate posts really aren't worth the time unless you drop 4 in a row in the same thread. I would just edit out the content of one post and change it to "duplicate". Or something like that.

This might not be the only way, but duplicate posts can happen when the forum lags and looks like the post doesn't go through and then you hit "Post Reply" a second time. If you hit posts and it doesn't look like it worked, copy the content of your post then refresh the page. It probably did go through but if not, paste the content back in and give it another go.

Unless it’s duplicate threads not posts in the exchange there’s really nothing to worry about

Which is the higher level, Post or Thread? I just created a new Post, however, I never received any kind of a confirmation of success, and apparently stupidly I clicked on the Create Post 4 more times thinking it was not working and, low and behold, I now have 5 of the same Posts, or are they Threads, 4 of which I would really like to remove, as they are identical and stacked one after the other. There is already at least one discussion in progress on at least one of them. Is there any way of making the inactive ones go away? Thank you... And sorry about that.

Which is the higher level, Post or Thread? I just created a new Post, however, I never received any kind of a confirmation of success, and apparently stupidly I clicked on the Create Post 4 more times thinking it was not working and, low and behold, I now have 5 of the same Posts, or are they Threads, 4 of which I would really like to remove, as they are identical and stacked one after the other. There is already at least one discussion in progress on at least one of them. Is there any way of making the inactive ones go away? Thank you... And sorry about that.

I am writing a post in a thread

You created four sales threads.
The thing to do is report them. However, in this case others have reported them and they have been moved offline.

Not to worry. The forum got stupid slow tonight. I couldn't even log on. It is very difficult to start a thread when the forum is that slow. You weren't the only one to create duplicates. This is an on-going issue which the hosting company has been unable to fix, despite repeated complaints from the site owner to them.

Thanks for the reply, it was quite a mess before I realized what was going on. One of those dup threads was actually "mirror" not just duplicated. I did what I could to mitigate the impact, but even after wiping the content of several of the threads, I still had people posting in 2 or 3 of them that I had not been able to respond to yet. Then, when you moved them offline, folks were asking what happened to their posts, and then had to post again on the remaining thread. I was grateful when the folks on eastern side of the country finally went to bed. I did sell 5 of the knives in my thread, but it was no easy task. :)

And BTW, I've had a good amount of experience managing networks hosted on 3rd party platforms and, what they are telling you is NOT that they can't fix it, what they are telling you is that they don't want to spend the money to fix your issues. Any networking issue can be fixed...ANY... All it takes is the injection of some money, which is what makes some 3rd party hosting facilities good, and others bad.

Thanks for the human and professional response to my inquiry. Not all forum mods bother treating subscribers as though they just might have some intelligence. I won't mention any names, but read my mind... :)

I am writing a post in a thread

You created four sales threads.
The thing to do is report them. However, in this case others have reported them and they have been moved offline.

Not to worry. The forum got stupid slow tonight. I couldn't even log on. It is very difficult to start a thread when the forum is that slow. You weren't the only one to create duplicates. This is an on-going issue which the hosting company has been unable to fix, despite repeated complaints from the site owner to them.

This reply is super helpful. This has happened to me a few times and I couldn't figure out why. I thought it was a software bug or maybe my mouse had a glitch or something and it was clicking 5 times for every 1 time I was clicking it...but good to finally know, thanks!

Back