Is this a Nick Wheeler knock off?

Was surfing google images for nice bowies.. and one of the ones towards the bottom was this

SD-SHK-981.jpg

OFFER: "Buy One Knife Get Second Knife Free"

DESCRIPTION:

Handmade MICARTA KNIFE With EXCELLENT QUALITY.
Extremely Classic Hunting Knife With Sheath.
Confidence In Making.
High Quality Assurance.
Comfortable To Use.
Great Response
HRC: 57-60
Handle Material: Micarta Fixed with Steel Pins
Total Length: 12 Inches
  • Blade Length: 7.5 Inches
  • Handle Length: 4.5 Inches
Bolster Material: J2 Steel
Blade Material: J2 Steel
Pattern: N/A
Item Condition: Brand New/ Unused
[h=2]We The Great Knives Maker Of The Pakistan & Export World Wide.[/h] [h=2]An Opportunity Never Knocks A Second Time.[/h]

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, I am not going to buy a $1 Pakistani knife, let alone a $150 one...
I love this line:
"We The Great Knives Maker Of The Pakistan & Export World Wide."

Oh, no deal spotting or linking to a non-supporting vendor.

It's a similar shape to his knives sure enough......that's all I could really say about it.

I would say so, particularly because of the short ricasso.

Definitely very Wheeler-esque. I'm not familiar enough with his work to know if it's a direct clone of a particular model.

Interesting to note-

Blade material: J2
HRC: 57-60

:rolleyes:;)

Since I was the one that Nick made that design for......I feel I'm qualified to answer :)

The answer is yes

Last edited:
Well, there you go. :thumbup: I was also thinking the blade looked similar to something else, but I couldn't place it. It just hit me: the blade on my spear point Hogue X5.

I know that Nick Wheeler made THAT knife. Paul Long made the sheath. Last I knew, knife maker David Sharp owns it.

Somebody photo-shopped the name off the ricasso.

The Pakistani sellers are all over the internet using photos of knives that they can't provide, in order to gain an audience. There are guys on instagram with photos of knives from the likes of Wolf Loerchner...saying the knife is available for $150. ***rolling eyes REALLY hard***

Back