Is this a US mainly forum? Where are you from?

What country are you from?

• I am from the USA!

Votes: 86 60.6%
  • I am from somewhere else.

Votes: 56 39.4%

• Total voters
I see many comments on this forum that people want US made knives and anything else is not worth considering. "Chinese made is garbage" as an example.

Are you a US citizen or from somewhere else?

It would seem if you are not from the USA that the insistence that you must buy a knife made in the USA could be a bit strange to you.

Last edited:
Murica

I hate currency manipulation and government subsidies that perpetuate an asymmetrical trade relationship. That said I choose not to patronize China, but I am more than willing to buy from outside the USA.

Last edited:
You see a few comments like that though you see far more people who just want to buy good knives that they can feel morally secure in the purchase of, wherever those knives originate from.

I have a feeling that you, personally, conflate the two positions because you want everyone to be supportive of buying knives made in China by disreputable companies. So you see a large anti-Chinese faction where there is really only a small anti-Chinese faction.

You see a few comments like that though you see far more people who just want to buy good knives that they can feel morally secure in the purchase of, wherever those knives originate from.

I have a feeling that you, personally, conflate the two positions because you want everyone to be supportive of buying knives made in China by disreputable companies. So you see a large anti-Chinese faction where there is really only a small anti-Chinese faction.

Why are you putting words in my mouth? When did I ever say that people should buy knives from bad or disreputable companies? IMHO people should buy knives that provide good quality for the price. People should also buy knives from companies that are trustworthy. That is my opinion on knife purchases, full stop.

OK, so I singled out Chinese as an example. I could have as easily said any other country. You do know that many USA brands have their knives made in China, right? What about Taiwan, Korea, Italy, Japan, Russia, France, Germany, Canada, etc...?

Last edited:
I'am an American, and I'm PROOUD TO BEE AN AMMERRICANNN!

(Where at least I know I'm free (TM)

Joking aside, I'm deep enough into knife culture where I understand that Pakistanis and Chinese can make awesome knives and Americans and German can make garbage. Buy what you like.

You have to take it on an individual basis.

I'm from "Murica" too, and I buy knives that interest me no matter where they come from. I have or have had knives from USA, Canada, El Salvador, France, Germany, Italy, Czech Republic, New Zealand, Japan, China, Taiwan, and India. Since China seems to be the area of most concern these days, I will say that I have no issue with original Chinese knives or those made in China for legitimate companies, but I have no interest in clones, which primarily come from China. :thumbsup:

Maybe if the posts you mention bug you then you should reply to those specific ones instead of creating a passive aggressive blanket thread.

Maybe if the posts you mention bug you then you should reply to those specific ones instead of creating a passive aggressive blanket thread.
Huh? You guys really like to read into things that aren't stated. Passive aggressive.... lol.

Edit: I should say "Some of you guys"

Last edited:
Why are you putting words in my mouth? When did I ever say that people should buy knives from bad or disreputable companies? IMHO people should buy knives that provide good quality for the price. People should also buy knives from companies that are trustworthy. That is my opinion on knife purchases, full stop.

OK, so I singled out Chinese as an example. I could have as easily said any other country. You do know that many USA brands have their knives made in China, right? What about Taiwan, Korea, Italy, Japan, Russia, France, Germany, Canada, etc...?
I'm putting words in your mouth because of how I've seen you post around the forum. I think you have an agenda when it comes to Chinese companies like Ganzo who made their bones using copied designs. You are in every IP-related thread advocating the lowering of the bar when it comes to the theft of intellectual property. I think you singled out China because, for some reason I can't fathom, you are obsessed with having this community approve of counterfeiting and cloning.

I'm putting words in your mouth because of how I've seen you post around the forum. I think you have an agenda when it comes to Chinese companies like Ganzo who made their bones using copied designs. You are in every IP-related thread advocating the lowering of the bar when it comes to the theft of intellectual property. I think you singled out China because, for some reason I can't fathom, you are obsessed with having this community approve of counterfeiting and cloning.

You can have your opinion, but unless you back it up with evidence, it is just more BS from another self important moron on the internet. "Every IP-related thread"? Total BS and you are an opinionated biased idiot based on that assertion. Or maybe you are just a low IQ poster on the internet that doesn't understand the nuances of logic.

If you think you can accuse me of an agenda I don't advocate, you will not find me an easy target. I am accustomed to people making straw men arguments just to make themselves look better. Keep going, I am not shy.

You can have your opinion, but unless you back it up with evidence, it is just more BS from another self important moron on the internet. "Every IP-related thread"? Total BS and you are an opinionated biased idiot based on that assertion. Or maybe you are just a low IQ poster on the internet that doesn't understand the nuances of logic.

If you think you can accuse me of an agenda I don't advocate, you will not find me an easy target. I am accustomed to people making straw men arguments just to make themselves look better. Keep going, I am not shy.
Maybe. Well, it will be easy to prove me wrong. *shrugs*

As far as I'm concerned, your post history speaks for itself. As I said, I get the impression you have an agenda. I don't have to prove it. :)
So you can accuse me of something, not back it up, and conclude you are right. What from my statement in this thread "IMHO people should buy knives that provide good quality for the price. People should also buy knives from companies that are trustworthy. That is my opinion on knife purchases, full stop." does not represent my opinion? Are you calling me a liar?

So you can accuse me of something, not back it up, and conclude you are right. What from my statement in this thread "IMHO people should buy knives that provide good quality for the price. People should also buy knives from companies that are trustworthy. That is my opinion on knife purchases, full stop." does not represent my opinion? Are you calling me a liar?
Yup. I think you support companies who are cloners and counterfeiters and who flout pretty simple concepts of intellectual theft. (Ganzo, et al.) Am I wrong?

Yup. I think you support companies who are cloners and counterfeiters and who flout pretty simple concepts of intellectual theft. (Ganzo, et al.) Am I wrong?
Yes, you are wrong. Show me post that shows me supporting buying Ganzo? Show me a post where I support cloning? Show me post where I support intellectual theft. I bet that you will not show the posts where I denounce intellectual theft so you can maintain your obvious bias against me for no reason. You are an self important internet troll who makes opinions based on your lack of education and personal bias. You attacked me, so I am only defending myself. I have denounced intellectual property theft on this forum but you seem to only see what you want to see. You are a biased moron based on what you asserting and calling me liar demands proof, not only opinion.

Yes, you are wrong. Show me post that shows me supporting buying Ganzo? Show me a post where I support cloning? Show me post where I support intellectual theft. I bet that you will not show the posts where I denounce intellectual theft so you can maintain your obvious bias against me for no reason. You are an self important internet troll who makes opinions based on your lack of education and personal bias. You attacked me, so I am only defending myself. I have denounced intellectual property theft on this forum but you seem to only see what you want to see. You are a biased moron based on what you asserting and calling me liar demands proof, not only opinion.
All right, cool. I take it all back.

Back