Is this a US mainly forum? Where are you from?

What country are you from?

• I am from the USA!

Votes: 86 60.6%
  • I am from somewhere else.

Votes: 56 39.4%

• Total voters
Cape Town, South Africa.......Lucky for me we have some of the best knifemakers on the planet. I do like USA production though.:)

U.S.A.
Three things that I consider when making a purchase.
Value.
Quality.
Integrity of the manufacturer.

Currently in the US.

Chinese made knives beats pretty much anything from the US. They actually cut, they use higher end materials at the time price, better QC and F&F, they actually want their customers to be happy with the knife, etc.

Although still nobody can seem to realize that people have different size hands, so making a knife to fit your hand size only just shows the class of the designer.

You are joking right?

Last edited:
Where the knife is made concerns me less than from whom I buy it. Chinese made knives can compare favorably with those from any other country. I was once gifted with a Rough Rider that I found impressively well made, and am confident it wasn't a one-off. But I prefer to deal with a reputable US company that either makes its own products or imports them with their specs and quality standards. Occasionally (but seldom), I have had to deal with warranty issues with Buck, Leatherman and Spyderco, all taken care of timely and properly. So I stick with USA companies and don't concern myself where their products are made.

Cape Town, South Africa.......Lucky for me we have some of the best knifemakers on the planet. I do like USA production though.:)
Dude! Haha I just thought to post at the end untill I saw your post! I'm from Cape Town too! Durbanville to be exact.

I also look for quality first. I do mostly buy US made knives though. And I do love the USA although I do not live there.

As a proud Macedonian I'm trying to buy Macedonian made knives to support the economy . The trick is that no one make knives here so I have to make them .....of course to support the economy , saving on foreign currency :D

Last edited:
I see many comments on this forum that people want US made knives and anything else is not worth considering. "Chinese made is garbage" as an example.

Are you a US citizen or from somewhere else?

It would seem if you are not from the USA that the insistence that you must buy a knife made in the USA could be a bit strange to you.

I work as a machinist/programmer in Massachusetts. I always try support myself and my future...USA all the way!

I buy knives from reputable companies that have designs I like regardless of country of origin. That being said, the vast majority of my favorite knives are USA made with a few Taiwanese (Spyderco) and German (Boker) knives thrown in there. So maybe I am slightly biased since I am a US citizen and my wife is a German citizen. ;)

I was born and bred in MA ,USA , Earth. And I'm still here.

I tend to favor American made knives. Spyderco , CRK , TOPS and Buck are a few of my favorites. But (as mentioned above) Spyderco's Tai Chung knives are nothing short of spectacular.

WE has a karambit that I kinda like. I'd have no hesitation buying it if I decide I like it better than the Enforcer Elite from Brous.

I know this is way off topic and I'm sure it sounds stupid, but I've never seen or heard of a Canadian made car. I guess I'll have to hit Google.
The "American" Chevy Camaro was built in Quebec for the longest time...

Edited to add: I'm a Canadian, and will buy from any country that is making a good product. I do prefer countries that have a good human rights track record and protect IP, so China isn't high on my list of countries to buy from, but it wouldn't kill the deal if I loved everything else about a knife made there.

If I can buy American (or better yet Canadian) I will because it's nice to support our neighbors

Last edited:
no not just americans. seems folks from all over the world participate here. which is a good thing.

im from dixie is it still part of the usa? :) kidding.

I'm from the USA so I might be a little bias; but I prefer a blade made in the USA. Doesn't stop me from buying from other counties. Although I'll try to avoid the ol made on China.

I'm from the Midwest, USA. I see alot of European makers in the Knife makers section of the Exchange.

I don't have a preference for where my knives are made, I like Spyderco and have models from all their factories (Golden, Taichung, Seki City).

No preference If it is a good value or something I want bad enough I'll buy it. I draw the line at clones, If I cant afford the real one who do I need to impress. I have enough knives so that I am able to pick two different ones everyday for a month and not use the same ones twice & they are all genuine. It took me a while to make this collection and all the while I never bought a clone. I was given one as a gift and it sits on my desk as a letter opener/staple remover/box opener. and it's not great at that.

I'm from the USA and I strongly prefer USA made knives.

If I was from Italy I'd probably prefer Italian knives as well though.

USA made knives usually have awesome warranties, and that's a big plus for me =)

Back