Is this knife Legit SOG????

Actually the fixed blade Seal Pup, Seal 2000, etc were made by Kinryu Seki using AUS6. SOG admitted that they represented them as 440A simply because it was more familiar to the American market at the time. The Tomcat and other folders have always been, and continue to be made by G.Sakai Seki, and they "may" have been AUS8 until the current VG10 offerings.

Hi KenHash - Thank you in advance. I believe you might know the answer to this question - Is the original "S.M. CA." Tigershark made by Hattori, and if not then by who ?

Ichiro Hattori only made the S1 and S2 for SOG from 1986 until 2006.
The Santa Monica Tiger Shark as well as ALL OTHER fixed blades were made by Kinryu, Seki.

Kinryu, owned by the Suzuki Family, made these SOG fixed blades, the SRK, Recon Tanto and Master Hunter for Cold Steel,
All Seki Blackjack fixed blades for Mike Stewart, all Seki Lakota fixed blades for Phil Hoffman. There are probably more that I just haven't uncovered.

Ichiro Hattori only made the S1 and S2 for SOG from 1986 until 2006.
The Santa Monica Tiger Shark as well as ALL OTHER fixed blades were made by Kinryu, Seki.

Kinryu, owned by the Suzuki Family, made these SOG fixed blades, the SRK, Recon Tanto and Master Hunter for Cold Steel,
All Seki Blackjack fixed blades for Mike Stewart, all Seki Lakota fixed blades for Phil Hoffman. There are probably more that I just haven't uncovered.

Ok - thank you for the quick reply and the info. Also, GREAT ! site HattoriCollector ! ! !

Back