Is this knife made in Texas ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you do this just to reopen the can of worms? For everyone's peace of mind, close this thread and seach on Quartermaster and be prepared for a lot of reading and opinions.

Did you do this just to reopen the can of worms? For everyone's peace of mind, close this thread and seach on Quartermaster and be prepared for a lot of reading and opinions.
I just received this sale in my email today, wouldn’t this can of worms you’re referring is being opened by Knife Center? Or do you think this a good business practice ?

Call knife center or the manufacturer and ask. But this topic has been discussed many times

My point is still after all this time Knife Center is listing as Made in USA , but I guess that’s ok with you ?

Odd strategy, but ok, I'll take your word for it. Maybe don't bring up a sale at the same time. Seems like you're just using bad pr as a sales tactic.

I haven't bought anything from knifecenter in years and I've petitioned state government to take action against Quartermaster. I actually am Made in Texas and it pisses me off.

Odd strategy, but ok, I'll take your word for it. Maybe don't bring up a sale at the same time. Seems like you're just using bad pr as a sales tactic.

I haven't bought anything from knifecenter in years and I've petitioned state government to take action against Quartermaster. I actually am Made in Texas and it pisses me off.
No way , I haven’t done business with them a long time . I hate to see people getting duped if they don’t buy Chi Com knives like myself.

I told you to close the thread :) It's only going to get worse from here out. There will be recon photo's of the factory in Dripping Springs and secreted copies of bills of ladding showing Chinese origin for parts. In defense of Knifecenter, they can only list what the manufacturer tells them.

It’s a shame that there isn’t full transparency in Point of Origin of knives...or all products for that matter. It’s not cool for someone who wishes to avoid a certain POI to be misled or lied to. I’m ok with some Chinese knives but wholeheartedly support those who choose not to buy them.

At the end of the day, this isn’t on Knifecenter. It’s the duty of a knife reseller to insure their products are genuine, deliver them in a timely fashion and offer service after the sale within the scope of the terms & conditions of the transaction.

We can’t expect the retailer to verify every element of every product they sell.

The knife reseller depends on the manufacturer to provide accurate info relevant to size, weight, composition, POI et.al. The retailer can only pass on the data as supplied, but must do so in good faith. This isn’t on the reseller but the manufacturer.

In this case, one particular manufacturer who’s long-standing lies are one of the worst kept secrets in the industry.

That’s one of the great things about BF; it’s a forum to spread the word. This time we should be slamming the maker rather than the retailer.

Another Texan (albeit displaced) weighing in that this is bull. Thankfully, quartermaster knives generally make me want to hurl, so no chance of being duped.

I've switched to buying American as much as possible now. Well except wives; I hear the mail order brides from Russia are stellar.

Another Texan (albeit displaced) weighing in that this is bull. Thankfully, quartermaster knives generally make me want to hurl, so no chance of being duped.

I've switched to buying American as much as possible now. Well except wives; I hear the mail order brides from Russia are stellar.
Bernie, Don’t! Those Rooskie mail order brides will have you completely clean out of $$$$ right after they get the rest of their family over here! About 18-24 months. I know two guys that made that mistake!

At the end of the day, this isn’t on Knifecenter. It’s the duty of a knife reseller to insure their products are genuine, deliver them in a timely fashion and offer service after the sale within the scope of the terms & conditions of the transaction.

We can’t expect the retailer to verify every element of every product they sell.

I will claim it is on Knifecenter. The customer is not buying a knife from Quartermaster, they are buying a knife from Knifecenter. Knifecenter is making the claim that the knife is made in the USA, in Texas, not Quartermaster. This claim helps justify a much higher price than if Knifecenter claimed the knife was made in China. If Quartermaster lied to Knifecenter, it is Knifecenter's responsibility to do their due diligence to determine country of origin. I am not a lawyer, but if Quartermaster lied on the purchase order about country of origin, materials, etc, I think Knifecenter could take them to court for misrepresentation.

Coffee is using block chain technology (Starbucks) so the buyer can determine that what they are buying is ethically grown and sold. If $10 a pound coffee can block chain, I don't see any reason why $150.00 knives can't.

Can we not let Knife center know since they are a supporter here? With the thousands of items they have coming in, could it have fallen through the cracks?
Once they are made aware of it, they should respond accordingly. I will give them the benefit of the doubt, but what they do afterwards is important.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back