Is this knife made in Texas ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I want to know is why you receive or open emails from Knifecenter if they are so evil.

Come on, it's 2020 anyone that falls for QMs line of bull just deserves the ass pounding and shame that comes with that bad date. Get some googlefu, stop buying scales from shady craftsmen, just say no to budget Damascus its all made in Pakistan. Stop buying "custom" knives in deep discount auctions, lookup Survive knives and good old Jared CIA West of QM.

From New Graham Knives listing: "Says made in USA, but hell, I don't really know."

I’d expect nothing less from them. That’s badass. If I owned a knife store I wouldn’t carry knives made by known POS, but that’s just me.

If I had a business partner who insisted on selling QTRCNTSTR I’d just put “Country of Origin: Manufacturer says Texas, but these are made in China”.

I will claim it is on Knifecenter. The customer is not buying a knife from Quartermaster, they are buying a knife from Knifecenter. Knifecenter is making the claim that the knife is made in the USA, in Texas, not Quartermaster. This claim helps justify a much higher price than if Knifecenter claimed the knife was made in China. If Quartermaster lied to Knifecenter, it is Knifecenter's responsibility to do their due diligence to determine country of origin. I am not a lawyer, but if Quartermaster lied on the purchase order about country of origin, materials, etc, I think Knifecenter could take them to court for misrepresentation.

Coffee is using block chain technology (Starbucks) so the buyer can determine that what they are buying is ethically grown and sold. If $10 a pound coffee can block chain, I don't see any reason why $150.00 knives can't.
Hey, look, someone who is completely blind to blockchain tech AND the law. Of Quartermaster is selling through KC and they tell KC their knives are manufactured in Texas, KC could potentially expose themselves to litigation by putting anything different, unless they pursue a heavy amount of investigation to prove country of origin is some place other than the US. That would, of course, cost a significant amount of manpower and money.

Next, Starbucks’ blockchain tracking requires participation from every stop on the supply chain including the bean growers. For KC to use BC to track knife origination data, KC would have to fund the technology and Quartermaster would have to be honest in their source data.

My source says that QM are made in the USA however I do not see that particular model. I am not saying any more than that. They probably get their info from QM Knives. It does not really matter to me, they are too strange looking to me. If I want something like that i will buy an Extrema Ratio.

I was looking at pictures of some of their knives to see labelling. Most of them do not shaow any markings of origin, but I did find this one of the YODA model (which seem like a copyright infringement on the name) and it had 'USA MADE' on the blade. I am not saying it is true but take it for what it is worth.

i-5GGdVhv-XL.jpg

Last edited:
Come on, it's 2020 anyone that falls for QMs line of bull just deserves the ass pounding and shame that comes with that bad date. Get some googlefu, stop buying scales from shady craftsmen, just say no to budget Damascus its all made in Pakistan. Stop buying "custom" knives in deep discount auctions, lookup Survive knives and good old Jared CIA West of QM.
Wait Jared West is involved? If so, that's all I need to know...

From a business standpoint, retailers depend on the presumption of honesty regarding the origins of their merchandise. Until evidence to the contrary is demonstrated, they are typically safe from fraud charges as
Long as they’ve signed a standard Purchase Order agreement. That safety net dissolves, however, if they are presented reasonable proof of a forgery or dishonest practices. Turning a “blind eye” at that point can get you into legal hot water. Not that anyone is going to sue them over a p.o.s. Quatermaster, Mantis, or other Jared West branded garbage, but the potential is there. Most reputable retailers know that and tend to shy away from these type of shady practices.

Big change from making knives for Special Operators. Only in the bizarro world of today can warning new knife enthusiasts of blatant fraud be controversial !
No one cares that you’re alerting any person to a potential fraud. What people do care about is gunking up general with information that’s already been discussed ad nauseam. Hell, just necro an old thread rather than making a new one. Lord knows there’s plenty of dead threads to choose from.

No one cares that you’re alerting any person to a potential fraud. What people do care about is gunking up general with information that’s already been discussed ad nauseam. Hell, just necro an old thread rather than making a new one. Lord knows there’s plenty of dead threads to choose from.
Thanks for representing the entire forum. :rolleyes::rolleyes: New knife enthusiast asking about the Father Co. Mantis just today, so get off my lawn ;)
https://bladeforums.com/threads/is-the-mantis-pit-boss-a-good-knife.1747654/

Last edited:
Big change from making knives for Special Operators. Only in the bizarro world of today can warning new knife enthusiasts of blatant fraud be controversial !
It's called deep cover. Probably going to thwart some plots when the terrorists bring their cars in for detailing.

Thanks for representing the entire forum. :rolleyes::rolleyes: New knife enthusiast asking about the Father Co. Mantis just today, so get off my lawn ;)
https://bladeforums.com/threads/is-the-mantis-pit-boss-a-good-knife.1747654/
I’m literally echoing the sentiment that was expressed by a multitude of others in this thread. You complained about being given a hard time; I’m simply clarifying the reason for the hard time since you clearly misunderstood. It’s also interesting how you can reply to individual threads with this information, eh? Again, it’s also available via the search function.

I’m literally echoing the sentiment that was expressed by a multitude of others in this thread. You complained about being given a hard time; I’m simply clarifying the reason for the hard time since you clearly misunderstood. It’s also interesting how you can reply to individual threads with this information, eh? Again, it’s also available via the search function.
Look if you don't like this thread I started, simply don't participate other than to troll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back