Is this knife made in Texas ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every time the company or knife model is mentioned by name in a forum, it improves the chances of that company and/or knife showing up in a search result, making it seem more legitimate, to those who don't read the blurb.

"Oh!!! They talk about this company/knife a lot on a knife forum! It must be good!"

Could that be the OP's intent?

Every time the company or knife model is mentioned by name in a forum, it improves the chances of that company and/or knife showing up in a search result.
Could that be the OP's intent?
OP stated my intent. If this prevents at least one more person from getting screwed. Sorta like the guy that sells a lame horse as sound because that's what he was told when he got stuck with it.

According to you all this is common knowledge but somehow Knifecenter is clueless, I suggest you troll elsewhere ;)
Something can be accepted as generally true but still lead to litigation, you brick wall. Just because forum members believe country of origin to be a place other than named by the manufacturer doesn’t mean a company selling the product can just change the country in the advertisement against the wishes of the manufacturer. That could, once again, lead to LITIGATION. You understand what that means, right?

Or they can just not sell it. Who are you to decide what's worth forum space? @KnifeCenter again has the choice to do what's right.
I never said anything about something being “worthy” of forum space. It has to do with filling physical storage with redundant threads when a search function is available.

Technically made “under” Texas since the top secret Qrtrm@$tr base was located about 1 mile below the surface from what I heard someone read in some redacted files.

I never said anything about something being “worthy” of forum space. It has to do with filling physical storage with redundant threads when a search function is available.

So......we are going to act like you just didn't say this?

You’ve wasted storage on something that’s already, repeatedly been established in multiple threads created by you alone

You made a judgment if op was worthy to waste space, which isn't your space, nor are you a mod. Don't like it move on. Heck even be petty if you want and report if you feel so strongly in your convictions.

And come up with something better then a "brick wall", it's repetitive, intentionally demeaning, and you are wasting space (see what i did there :eek:.)

At the very least, KC should take off the country of origin like BHQ did, or do not sell the product at all. Seems like an easy step to take, and keep your customer service reputation intact. My dealings with KC have been favorable over the years, and by doing the right thing not only would show them in a positive light, but would put the issue to rest.......finally. I wonder what it would look like to just torch or destroy the Quartermaster stock, sell tickets to the event to make up for the lost funds, and everyone has a good time!!! :D

Last edited:
Back to qtrmstr, how did I miss this gem from Jared West from 2017 addressing this exact concern with knifenews:

https://knifenews.com/qtrmstr-knives/

"We also asked the company to address rumors they’ve been outsourcing production to China while claiming their knives are made in the USA. West maintains QTRMSTR knives are produced stateside and says the company uses five different production facilities across the country for different processes. West goes on to say the controversy hasn’t interfered with QTRMSTR’s mission. “If teenagers want to make false connections it’s not for us to worry about. Cream rises to the top. As long as we keep up the great quality we’ll prove we’re one of the top contenders.”

So there were 5 facilities! How did we miss 5 facilities?!?!?

Back to qtrmstr, how did I miss this gem from Jared West from 2017 addressing this exact concern with knifenews:

https://knifenews.com/qtrmstr-knives/

"We also asked the company to address rumors they’ve been outsourcing production to China while claiming their knives are made in the USA. West maintains QTRMSTR knives are produced stateside and says the company uses five different production facilities across the country for different processes. West goes on to say the controversy hasn’t interfered with QTRMSTR’s mission. “If teenagers want to make false connections it’s not for us to worry about. Cream rises to the top. As long as we keep up the great quality we’ll prove we’re one of the top contenders.”

So there were 5 facilities! How did we miss 5 facilities?!?!?

Wow. Kept the truth moving around, kept everyone guessing. Everyone remember this? What a tangled web we weave when we practice to deceive. Eventually the person weaving gets caught in the same web.

Something can be accepted as generally true but still lead to litigation, you brick wall. Just because forum members believe country of origin to be a place other than named by the manufacturer doesn’t mean a company selling the product can just change the country in the advertisement against the wishes of the manufacturer. That could, once again, lead to LITIGATION. You understand what that means, right?
Defending the indefensible , all this don’t mean a rats ass to someone laying down their hard earned money thinking they’re buying an American made knife !!! Apparently Ethics is your strong suit.

Bernie, Don’t! Those Rooskie mail order brides will have you completely clean out of $$$$ right after they get the rest of their family over here! About 18-24 months. I know two guys that made that mistake!
Maybe shit getting lost in the mail can be a good thing ?

After being ordered to stand down by the Mantis Militia , Quartermaster Army and every shit house lawyer on the forum five pages and still going strong.:)

I wonder how many people were stupid enough to join that Q club? More sucker bait.

After being ordered to stand down by the Mantis Militia , Quartermaster Army and every shit house lawyer on the forum five pages and still going strong.:)

Maybe they were in the Q Collection club? I can't believe it but it was real! 3 qtrmstr knives with all matching serial numbers for 765 dollars in 19 payments. Sweet man!

Maybe they were in the Q Collection club? I can't believe it but it was real! 3 qtrmstr knives with all matching serial numbers for 765 dollars in 19 payments. Sweet man!
Lol, this limited Edition collection must be worth a fortune on Ebay? :)

In this instance Knifecenter currently trying to dump their remaining stock of crap on sale to unsuspecting marks is the subject of this particular thread. ...(CUT TO)... If a retailer is going to become the authorized factory dealer of an American Knife manufacturer , it's incumbent on them that this factory actually exists , especially when they're being notified by their own customers that it DOES NOT !
That first quoted line is what we are taking issue with you keep putting all this blame on KC who is limited by law in what they can print on their page. We don't know enough about their contract to know what they can change but assuming theirs is no more restricted than others then they should remove it as many others have. You are implying that they are leaving it with the intent to deceive which is a bit of a stretch. I can understand that people do and have taken issue with their lack of action and swear them off. I have never purchased from KC myself though I often have other reasons that I didn't buy from them rendering this detail irrelevant to the consideration. Your final quoted remark from that post would but a heavy burden on the seller that already takes on a significant burden and in an industry that is not as easy as many others I believe.

Defending the indefensible , all this don’t mean a rats ass to someone laying down their hard earned money thinking they’re buying an American made knife !!! Apparently Ethics is your strong suit.
We are not as much defending KC as trying to show how your attacks on them are without solid logic or proof you accuse them of malicious intent without anything that shows their lack of action is anything more than laziness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back