Recommendation? Is this legit?

Welcome
Maybe request a move to the sword sub for more responses.
Use the report button bottom left.

Probably as legitimate as other 100-150$ Chinese made Katana's. I'm sure it'll be fine for display as much as the others are.

Yeah, I mean, by "legit" what are you asking? I would say it exists. I would say it is actually a thing made out of some kind of metal that looks sword like and may in fact have an edge on it. As to whether or not I think it is a "real" katana, no.

Probably as legitimate as other 100-150$ Chinese made Katana's. I'm sure it'll be fine for display as much as the others are.
it does not have a real hamon as i realize that is alot more. but is it really 1060? and would it be functional?

Yeah, I mean, by "legit" what are you asking? I would say it exists. I would say it is actually a thing made out of some kind of metal that looks sword like and may in fact have an edge on it. As to whether or not I think it is a "real" katana, no.
If you mean in the case of a real hamon no it doesnt not have that on there but i knew that ordering it. is it real 1060 forged and functional is what im asking

I know what you are asking. And my point was if by legit do you mean it is real and can you hold it, then yes.

By those standards all Pakistani "hand forged damascus" bowies on eBay are legit as well.

If you mean in the case of a real hamon no it doesnt not have that on there but i knew that ordering it. is it real 1060 forged and functional is what im asking

I don't think anybody can tell you with certainty, unless there are people who collect these types of swords in that price category in the Sword Section. I personally have no trouble believing that it's 1060 steel but I don't think it's actually forged as one imagines forged nor will it be functional beyond fondling and displaying it. If you want something affordable and functional I would look at Cold Steels Katanas. If it was possible to sell handmade single order forged Katanas for 130$ there would be no logical market for handmade ones that are several thousand dollars.
Again, that's just my view on it.

I know what you are asking. And my point was if by legit do you mean it is real and can you hold it, then yes.

By those standards all Pakistani "hand forged damascus" bowies on eBay are legit as well.
I was just looking for something under 200$ that i could get that would be nice quality. im a young collecter and dont have alot of money so i try to bargain hunt with forged swords. :) thank you though

I don't think anybody can tell you with certainty, unless there are people who collect these types of swords in that price category in the Sword Section. I personally have no trouble believing that it's 1060 steel but I don't think it's actually forged as one imagines forged nor will it be functional beyond fondling and displaying it. If you want something affordable and functional I would look at Cold Steels Katanas. If it was possible to sell handmade single order forged Katanas for 130$ there would be no logical market for handmade ones that are several thousand dollars.
Again, that's just my view on it.
I appreciate it thanks :) Like I told the others, I am a young collecter and dont have alot of money so I was trying to look for the price to see. Id sure hope people on etsy forges wouldnt lie but I could see how they would. I have looked at cold steel's katanas before and they just dont really like them all that much. I have 2 swords from budk made my musha that say they are forged and are 1045 carbon steel and they hold up pretty well.

All I think anyone is saying is this is not the sword to get your Miyamoto Musashi Michonne on with.

You already bought it ! So a bit late to worry ?

Just be real careful if you are planning to do much cutting practice .

Next time , research BEFORE buying ! "Northshire" of China is up to you to review , now . :rolleyes:

You already bought it ! So a bit late to worry ?

Just be real careful if you are planning to do much cutting practice .

Next time , research BEFORE buying ! "Northshire" of China is up to you to review , now . :rolleyes:
Lol I did research them for a bit as they have 33 reviews all of which are 5 star and most include pictures of their swords. Otherwise i would be spectical but I do beleive it was forged because for the fact they did not have it ready the day I bought it. It took them a week to have the sword and they sent pictures of it for confirmation. I absolutely will review them and I hope it comes out amazing :) lol thank you aswell for the advice :) I will include some pictures below. (NOTE THAT I REQUESTED A LASER ETCHED HAMON AS IT DIDNT INCLUDE A CLAY ONE BUT I KNEW THAT)
icm_fullxfull.198874750_a81enqt74y040wkowg8k.jpg
icm_fullxfull.198874738_vh9fminznmok4s44080s.jpg
icm_fullxfull.198874736_3h8eokpsh4kkc4sk84ks.jpg
icm_fullxfull.203100387_3wjro5p58qyo8k4sssgc.jpg
icm_fullxfull.198874722_p9rnial9xe8c84k0s8ow.jpg
icm_fullxfull.203100381_2vixdzd2kmyocg0scsgs.jpg

Enjoy it as a dispay piece and save up for a big Condor Machete/Sword or a Cold Steel Sword and whack that around, not as pretty but up to the task.

Back