Recommendation? Is this legit?

I would honestly be one of the last to suggest this but for a budding sam your eye Japanese happy pants type dude I would suggest reading all the threads here.
https://sbg-sword-forum.forums.net/board/57/japanese-swords

Every other thread, spend an hour reading here

https://www.japaneseswordindex.com/

Don't quit after reading the first page of threads, or links but I'll bet dimes to dollars, your enthusiasm is going to blunt your ability to learn the material. For $200, spend on exactly the sword that might speak the most loudly to you. Ignore any other parameter. That will truly be your first lesson.

The next sword will be much more appreciated.

Or, spend the summer reading. What I see time and again are the novice collectors writing a whole lot more than they are reading. So, go ahead and buy anything and then realize that either you are not to continue with the interest, or realize what a lesson that first sword offered.

Cheers
GC

I would honestly be one of the last to suggest this but for a budding sam your eye Japanese happy pants type dude I would suggest reading all the threads here.
https://sbg-sword-forum.forums.net/board/57/japanese-swords

Every other thread, spend an hour reading here

https://www.japaneseswordindex.com/

Don't quit after reading the first page of threads, or links but I'll bet dimes to dollars, your enthusiasm is going to blunt your ability to learn the material. For $200, spend on exactly the sword that might speak the most loudly to you. Ignore any other parameter. That will truly be your first lesson.

The next sword will be much more appreciated.

Or, spend the summer reading. What I see time and again are the novice collectors writing a whole lot more than they are reading. So, go ahead and buy anything and then realize that either you are not to continue with the interest, or realize what a lesson that first sword offered.

Cheers
GC
Ill ask someone else lol

Not sure why he keeps repeating himself though I can't answer to the worth of those linked also your not supposed to link to non BF supporting dealers.

Not sure why he keeps repeating himself though I can't answer to the worth of those linked also your not supposed to link to non BF supporting dealers.

If you knew they're worth, you might realize why I have been. Or not. WTF do I know anyway?

It is alright thanks. Idk why he keeps spamming me and tbh i dont get the meaning of his posts.

I understand their worth but just repeating go here to read more isn't helpful we should be as helpful as we can be and as a fellow budget conscience person I can relate to OPs wishes. I do agree that perhaps OP should hope on buying too many to save up for something inexpensive but truly worthwhile.

I understand their worth but just repeating go here to read more isn't helpful we should be as helpful as we can be and as a fellow budget conscience person I can relate to OPs wishes. I do agree that perhaps OP should hope on buying too many to save up for something inexpensive but truly worthwhile.
Maybe you can relate your own experience in Japanese sword collecting instead of questioning some actual information regarding the katana market, somewhat best addressed by reading through the Japanese section at SBG and by reading Rich Steins pages, as well as following his links.

What you are proposing is that tenured sword collectors here should be catering to the fast food appetite of a novice looking for attention instead of suggesting he educate himself through research.

I just realized that I am still posting fewer than 100 posts a year here.

Enjoy

Last edited:
Maybe you can relate your own experience in Japanese sword collecting instead of questioning some actual information regarding the katana market, somewhat best addressed by reading through the Japanese section at SBG and by reading Rich Steins pages, as well as following his links.

What you are proposing is that tenured sword collectors here should be catering to the fast food appetite of a novice looking for attention instead of suggesting he educate himself through research.

I just realized that I am still posting fewer than 100 posts a year here.

Enjoy
Look I think it would be better for you not to post on my threads anymore as you clearly have life and swords figured out. Seeing as you were a novice at one point to I find you post humorous.

it is fine, he is just trying to troll. What he does not realize is that I do read plenty. But there isnt specifics for every sword and some may be a different case. Some are crap and some are good and sometimes it can be hard to tell the difference atleast for me even after reading.

I haven't spent near as much as time looking into swords as knives but what I have seen it is not as easy to know what is good and what isn't in part I would figure due to there being many more knife makers than sword makers. I also think a part of it is there is more of a market for people looking for wall art then functional swords so much of what is out there is going to be junk but marketing will cloud that fact for us just to sell more.

it is fine, he is just trying to troll. What he does not realize is that I do read plenty. But there isnt specifics for every sword and some may be a different case. Some are crap and some are good and sometimes it can be hard to tell the difference atleast for me even after reading.

The links he keeps providing will help you learn to better distinguish between a crappy katana or good one by yourself, which is basically what you keep asking, between posting assertions that are wrong.

The links he keeps providing will help you learn to better distinguish between a crappy katana or good one by yourself, which is basically what you keep asking, between posting assertions that are wrong.
Actually most of my posts are true. And I have read some of his posts and read on the links, still confusing

if by assertations you mean my post about ninjas and japan. the one about ninjas is 100% true and the one on japan i got a few things mixed up but you can read that for urself if u want.

Back