Is this machete worth it?

I mean it’s 10% off and all.

http://guardianmachete.com

Okay okay but anyone rocking a machete nowadays? I’m coming around to the idea. I got a 14” tram from baryonyx but I haven’t gotten out in a while to use it. I need to sand the handle down but I’m digging the weight and length so far. Anyone have a routine for finishing wood machete handles? Grit, stain, etc.

lol....no. Just, no. Well, maybe.....nah:D

$70 for a machete of questionable quality? Unless it comes with a $50 bill taped to it, then no. Not worth it.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Let's set the record straight. I'm pretty sure it's a $395 dollar machete with $69.95 worth of bonus... something, for a total value of $520!!! :confused::eek:

I don't have the coin right now or I'd be all over it. Already feeling teh regerts. :(

LOL -- that's just a "barrigon" pattern machete. Higher quality ones are available from traditional manufacturers.

In response to your actual question, though, I'm obviously a big fan of machetes as a tool class. They're incredibly versatile, especially if you dial in your pattern selection and your technique well to your contexts of use.

I mean it’s 10% off and all.

http://guardianmachete.com

Okay okay but anyone rocking a machete nowadays? I’m coming around to the idea. I got a 14” tram from baryonyx but I haven’t gotten out in a while to use it. I need to sand the handle down but I’m digging the weight and length so far. Anyone have a routine for finishing wood machete handles? Grit, stain, etc.

NO, it is not worth it, not even close. If it was $60 to $120 for 1095, I'd say, yes.

I can’t pass this one up as it will cut a car hood AND cement cinderblock with VIRTUALLY NO EDGE DAMAGE.:rolleyes: Okie dokie.

This is beautiful though..,,,

And while there’s no other blade out there that can compare to the Guardian’s superior engineering, a good quality custom machete will run you anywhere from $500 to over $1,000!

And you know what… it would be worth it!

When it’s your LIFE we’re talking about – or the life of someone who’s counting on you to save them – you know you can’t depend on cheap sporting goods store machetes and frankly, I’ve even kicked my military machete to the curb in order to make sure I was carrying nothing but the best to protect me and my family during a crisis.

But I’m NOT gonna make you pay $1,000 or even $500 for our custom-engineered machete.

The Guardian has been valued by pros at $450...:D

You may not want to go to this site. It contains a Google warning. Plus, the machete is totally bogus.

"This site may be hacked" message

You'll see the message "This site may be hacked" when we believe a hacker might have changed some of the existing pages on the site or added new spam pages. If you visit the site, you could be redirected to spam or malware.

Huh, I spent a decade in the military. Deployed to 2 war zones, and somehow we didn't get machetes. I served with 10th mountain like this guy says he did, but they didn't have them either. He must have been in the real hot zone full of evil truck hoods and cinder blocks. He reminds me of the ding dong shilling for cop cam.

Buy one get ten free, right? No? You get a single 1095 “Urban Survival” machete for $520. Man, there is a lot of knives I’d like to buy for $500, but that sure as hell ain’t one of ‘em. I think I’ll stick with my Big Chris 3V machete.

I just use a hand held electric sander with a fairly coarse grit paper to do relatively quick wood removal. It's still fairly slow; just pay attention and keep "trying it out" to see if you're there yet with the sanding. Go over with a finer sand paper and I usually treat with linseed oil. Do a couple treatments and you're pretty much good to go. It will not be sticky or tacky to feel if it drys.

I'd pass on the urban survival machete myself.

Back