Is this Plumb really Damascus steel?

I just got this Plumb Anchor Brand half hatchet in the mail recently. I cannot find any info on it and was hoping one of you might know? It says "extra Damascus steel".
And it's hard! My Grobet file (HRC72) will cut it but just barely. I'm very impressed with the hardness of this thing. I switched to my belt sander which I never do unless it can be helped! I will hone it tonight.
DFNzfbU.jpg

Zp9zGkX.jpg

It's also the largest and heaviest half hatchet I have. 7" x 4" and weighs 1-3/4lbs.
BeA5JVW.jpg

Here's a few pics for comparison;
2O6XByC.jpg

zgnzUUy.jpg

Is this a marketing ploy? Can I clean, polish and etch the head to reveal some wonderful Damascus steel patterns?
Hopefully one of you guys will know! Thank you!

I just got this Plumb Anchor Brand half hatchet in the mail recently. I cannot find any info on it and was hoping one of you might know? It says "extra Damascus steel".
And it's hard! My Grobet file (HRC72) will cut it but just barely. I'm very impressed with the hardness of this thing. I switched to my belt sander which I never do unless it can be helped! I will hone it tonight.
DFNzfbU.jpg

Zp9zGkX.jpg

It's also the largest and heaviest half hatchet I have. 7" x 4" and weighs 1-3/4lbs.
BeA5JVW.jpg

Here's a few pics for comparison;
2O6XByC.jpg

zgnzUUy.jpg

Is this a marketing ploy? Can I clean, polish and etch the head to reveal some wonderful Damascus steel patterns?
Hopefully one of you guys will know! Thank you!
It seems for Plumb's marketing team Extra Damascus Steel = Extra Tool Steel.
BookReaderImages.php

https://archive.org/details/WmFrank...xtra+damascus+steel"?q="extra+damascus+steel"

Back