Is this Schrade 509 missing model on tang stamp?

I recently came across a Schrade 509 (USA) but it's the first one I've seen without the model number on the tang stamp. Does this look normal? I am wondering if it's a fake.

Common stamp used on some SFOs. I have some Sharpfingers marked that way. The blade may have been intended for a DU or Federal Duck stamp issue or... Overruns were common. Intermittently a backstock of overruns would be sold in bulk to a buyer like SMKW.

Thanks Codger_64. I have a few Schrade's in my collection but am not as knowledgeable about their tang stamps as I should be.

Thanks Codger_64. I have a few Schrade's in my collection but am not as knowledgeable about their tang stamps as I should be.
We're all still learning. A lot of the oddities and mysteries we endlessly ponder have no rhyme or reason. Did they have a few boxes of the 509 left after a major order or were the merchant returns buffed and sold as seconds? HUGE problem with Sears no questions asked warranty. Huger with Walmart's. What do you do with a two gross shipment of returns? Value added processing or liquidate for essentially material costs of the product you had to produce to ship the replacements?

Back