1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ka-Bar Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday July 27!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Is this the genuine article?

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by jbib, May 30, 2019.

1. Cobalt

Cobalt Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 23, 1998
    Who's this Eric Isaacson fella?:D

WatermanChris likes this.
  2. resinguy

resinguy Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 19, 2006
    I blame porkerson....

3. Eric Isaacson

Eric Isaacson Pirate Pirate

Dec 19, 1999
    That is a phrase I haven't heard in a while.
    LOL
    :D:D

4. resinguy

resinguy Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 19, 2006
    you could hang around more often ... just sayin...

Piglets need learning from OG Hogs.

5. Eric Isaacson

Eric Isaacson Pirate Pirate

Dec 19, 1999
    LOL, yeah, I'll try to visit more often. I've been out of it so long I can't remember any of the names and don't know any of the new models.
    I do have some cool old stuff though ;)

:D:D

6. Bobber

Bobber Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 2, 2009
    I also remember fondling that 2015 folder from Busse, it's about the laast thing I remember from that evenings, but I do remember the smooth, sturdy feel of that knife.... Before Jerry souped me up on JWB,

7. clampdaddy

clampdaddy Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 31, 2013
    Yeah. Even though I can carry any length fixed blade I want out in public view, I still stick with a folder. The sight of a guy walking around in a store with a good sized knife hanging off his belt tends to make some people uncomfortable, and I get that, so even though I can, I very seldom do. And if I do it is usually something small enough not to attract too much attention.

WatermanChris, evltcat and hydeinmind like this.
  8. Bigfattyt

Bigfattyt Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 23, 2007
    Busse folders exist. I have seen three originals??

And a handful of folders made with a sacrificial donor Busse.

Some really nice customs, including matching custom autos, if I remember correctly.

All expensive. I've had opportunity to buy two of the originals, if I remember the black list burnt bridge auctions. But the price was Steep!

9. Turbo Tension

Turbo Tension

May 6, 2010
    I saw a picture of a SAR3 blade in a Benchmade 630 / 635 frame years ago. I was stupid and didn’t save it .

ETA - if it were cost effective to make folders, I suspect Jerry would already be doing it, considering he’s been making commercial knives for. ... 40+ years now?

Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
  10. David Brown

David Brown Kydex Sheath and Holster Artist :) Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jun 4, 2001
    [​IMG]