Is this the genuine article?

Bobber

Gold Member
I also remember fondling that 2015 folder from Busse, it's about the laast thing I remember from that evenings, but I do remember the smooth, sturdy feel of that knife.... Before Jerry souped me up on JWB,

I would LOVE a Busse folder... :thumbsup::thumbsup:

While there are only minor legal restrictions on carrying a fixed blade here in SoCal where I live, if you do your going to get hassled all the time.
Yeah. Even though I can carry any length fixed blade I want out in public view, I still stick with a folder. The sight of a guy walking around in a store with a good sized knife hanging off his belt tends to make some people uncomfortable, and I get that, so even though I can, I very seldom do. And if I do it is usually something small enough not to attract too much attention.

Bigfattyt

Gold Member
Busse folders exist. I have seen three originals??

And a handful of folders made with a sacrificial donor Busse.

Some really nice customs, including matching custom autos, if I remember correctly.

All expensive. I've had opportunity to buy two of the originals, if I remember the black list burnt bridge auctions. But the price was Steep!

I saw a picture of a SAR3 blade in a Benchmade 630 / 635 frame years ago. I was stupid and didn’t save it .

ETA - if it were cost effective to make folders, I suspect Jerry would already be doing it, considering he’s been making commercial knives for. ... 40+ years now?

Last edited:

David Brown

Kydex Sheath and Holster Artist :)
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
That is a phrase I haven't heard in a while.
LOL
:D:D

nox14zl.jpg

duramax

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Wow someone mentions Busse folder and there’s a Hog stampede !!!!!
:eek::eek::D:D:D

I am torn. How can it be a Busse Fake Folder or Knock off when Busse actually never released a folder?? o_O
Copyright infringement sure, lol. Anyways, I am holding out for the Busse Survival Automatic with built in Compass & LED light. Cheers