Is Uncle Bill an Honest Man ?

I have a friend here that is an MD and would like to help Sgt Karka's son Ram who is in Med school over in Latvia. He's just looking for a little reasurance that everything is legit. Can Ya'll (the Forumites) provide any input to put his mind at ease ?

Foxy

From all accounts I've ever seen, and from my personal experience, Yes.

He's more than one of the good guys, he's a role model for the good guys.

Uncle Bill is one of the most honest men I've ever met-- a true gentleman. He sent me my first khukuri the day I ordered it, before I'd even had a chance to send him a check, and this was before he even knew me. I think I'd only posted in the HI forum once or twice at that point. I've owed Bill $ for khukuris at various times, and he's always been cool about it. I always pay what I owe, but the fact that Uncle Bill extends that kind of trust in the first place means quite a bit to me. I know that if anything ever goes wrong with one of my khukuris, Uncle Bill will take care of it. Come to think of it, I trust Bill more than anyone else in the knife industry. Wow, when I really think about it, I trust Uncle Bill more than most people I know period. People often talk about the magic inherent in HI khukuris. Without a doubt, much of that magic comes from the kamis, but I think Uncle Bill contributes his fair share of magic as well.
--Josh

He sent me my first khukuri before recieving my payment. And he didn't know me from Adam. And I'm not the only one he's done that for. If he gives his word I would accept it as readily as if it were etched in stone or written in blood. I think Uncle inspires good people to be great people.

Frank

He's VERY honest, I have no qualms about doing business with him, sight unseen.

My lawyer will be in touch with you about using my photograph without my permission. :eek: :D Since that posing session was done without anything in my hands, send me the khukuri that you digitally superimposed, and I will call off the lawyer....

He shipped me my first khuk before I even got the (personal) check into the mail. On the basis of zero previous communication. When the thing showed up two days after the phone call I was quite surprised.

He's beyond honest--I suspect that he occasionally cheats himself in the effort to deal straight with others.

He's a lying, cheating, crooked, 2 faced, forked tounged scoundrel who succesfully covers it up with a veneer of honesty and integrity that confounds everyone (except Yangdu).

You can bank on Uncle's honesty. I had a similar experience with my first HI khuk. He shipped before I got the check in the mail.
Supporting Ram is a good thing.:D

I'll add once more to the list here of: He sent me my first khuk the day I ordered it, before I could send off payment(again with a personal check) with no complaints. Has always been a perfect gentleman and very easy to deal with on all occasions.

Here is a search on "Uncle Bill" in The Good, The Bad, The Ugly section in the knife exchange forum: http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...d=802399&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending

And one for "Bill Martino": http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...d=802406&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending

All of it is good. I also want to bring up all the khukuris that Uncle and HI have giving to service men and women going into harms way. Uncle Bill is one of the most honest men I know. And he sells pretty good knives too:D

Uncle Bill is a straight shooter and beyond generous. He sent me my first kukri before he recieved my check. When I was buying a Kobra for my kids sifu, UB said "you should give him a Sirupati instead, it's a nicer knife." I told him all I could afford was a Kobra, so I ordered a Kobra. Two days later a triangular box with a horn handled Bura Sirupati showed up at my door. That says it all in my book!

I'll way in, my khukuri was sent to me before my check was in the mail.

Also keep in mind that he replaces khukuris that have clearly been abused, just look at the thread Pen started to show how to fix the damage. The thread is "well...well..well"

Last but most important Foxjaw, you asked this question where Uncle Bill could see it. That's damn rude!

Have no doubts of Uncle Bill Martino's character, integrity or honesty!!!!!

Now despite the normal definition of character, he is a down to earth character. :)

I believe the original question implied.......Would monies sent for Ram's med education be received? YOU DAMN BETCHA!!!

Deeds speak louder than words. Bill Martino's acts of charity, kindness, and compassion are too numerous to list. He's worthy of more than simple trust, he's worthy of respect.

MSgt Gregory M. Sikes
712th Air Support Operations Squadron
United States Air Force
Gregory.Sikes@hood.army.mil

Honest--yes
good--yes
kind--yes

If your MD friend's intention is good, then he will surely be known by his works, just as Uncle Bill is known by his.

Being eager to trust, but determined to verify, is a commendable attribute and one, most all of us, appreciate in this day and age.

I would suspect that the recipient of the funds would in some form or manner express his gratitude and let his benefactor know about his successes as he matriculated. Things such as forwarding an authentic copy of his grade report,possibly through Sgt Karda to Uncle Bill, each quarter,which could then be forwarded on to the Doctor.

If I had such a benefactor, I would gladly provide such information along with some pictures of the school,etc.

"Sin lies only in hurting others unnecessarily. All other "sins" are
invented nonsense."
-- Robert Heinlein

100% honest, keeps all chat to a basic minimum, which is good since it means being straight to the point. I had a khuk replaced for me after a slag in the steel failure, and good ol' Uncle Bill let me keep the chakma and karda from my previous khuk, and sent in my replacement Chiruwa AK asap. When I asked him if he saw what I was speaking of on my khuk, he said he wasn't even sure if they got it that morning yet, but told me not to worry about it!

That is service, honesty, and trust.

Back