Is Uncle Bill an Honest Man ?

In all my time spent on this forum, I've not heard or had any first hand knowledge of skullduggery done by Bill Martino or any of his associates at Himalayan Imports.

I haven't played cards with him yet though. :D

I wish there were more people I could trust so well. Uncle Bill is a straight shooter and any other cliche you want to use for a trustworthy guy.

Can't add much that the others haven't said but all of my knives and my convention video were sent before payment was sent or received. Not only appears to have a high degree of honesty but also a lot more trust in mankind than I have.

I'll add my voice to the chorus you've heard already. Uncle Bill sent my first khuk w/o having any money in hand, and he didn't know me from Adam. He's as trustworthy and honorable a man as I've ever encountered in business (either on the 'Net or in person).

Bill is one of the good guys :D

This thread and your email box will soon be full (maybe already is) with messages from people around the world testifying to Uncle Bill's honesty (and more).

Perhaps your friend may be concerned about the lack of Uncle Bill's affiliation to a well know charity like the United Way, etc. That is understandable. One should always be careful. And he might understand that (unless Uncle Bill has grown a liking for IRS paperwork:mad: ), he probably won't be seeing a nice IRS approved receipt allowing him to deduct any contribution from income taxes

But in Uncle Bill's case, the lack of overheads means that 100% (and I would bet in some cases even more :) ) of funds donated go directly to the student to cover his education expenses in Latvia (and like in Nepal, I would imagine that a dollar there would go a long way). So his contribution will have a direct impact for a very worthy cause (who knows? After our young student begins practicing in Nepal, perhaps your MD friend can visit him to see his work and may get motivated "Uncle Bill" style to do something more over the long term).

Perhaps your friend might be more reassured (as well as coaxed into a larger donation) by a gesture from the Forumites to show how much we support Uncle Bill's cause. Please tell him that if he makes a significant contribution, there will be an offer on the Forum to trade an unused high end HI khukuri for a used/battered YCS (with ying-yang, preferably the old convexed ones) I've been eyeing plus a cash donation to go to our Nepalese medical student.

(By the way, this leads to all sorts of complicated scenerios such as a Forumite donating a used YCS for a donation from your friend, etc. But let's see where the chips fall)

Please let me know what your friend decides. All the best!

Uncle Bill Martino is one of the guys that has restored my faith in the a good portion of America's men and Women. We need and awful lot more like him and things in this country mite change for the better instead of the way they are going.

All of my khuks have been in the mail before I could get money enroute to Uncle Bill. I have never heard any one that is on this forum say any thing about Bill Martino except how good he is to everyone. If I heard bad about the man on this forum I think I would have a heart attack or feel like hunting some one, or both.:)

He's a swell guy. Being the clumsy person that I am, I kinda had some trouble with the online shop thing... He helped and my first khuk came 3 days later. :)

My mom's been nervous ever since! :eek: :D

He's the most low down, connivin', cheatin', lyin, M43 stealin' two faced flim flam Duck I know.

Uh...we were talkin' about QuackyPuss, right? :D

Originally posted by donutsrule

He's more than one of the good guys, he's a role model for the good guys.

I'll second that! I'll third and fourth it, for that matter.

Bill Martino is one of the best guys I have ever met and a very good friend. As most of the guys here have already said I too have had khukuris delivered before I sent the payment. I have never seen Uncle act dishonest in any way , shape for or fashion.
He does tease me about my addiction to ham though!:D
God Bless.
Terry

Uncle Bill trusted me before I had a chance to trust him. He is without a doubt a rarity in the business world and I appreciate having had the opportunity to work with him via this miracle that is the internet.

Bill Martino is one of those guys who teaches honesty and integrity by the way he conducts his life.

Many moons ago, I ordered a khukuri from him. After 10 weeks, the parcel didn't arrive. I was worried and told Bill about it. He wired back and said that if it didn't arrive by a certain date, he would ship me another khukuri. Fortunately, for both of us, the khukuri did arrive eventually.

I was taken aback by his integrity. It was rare in these times and age.

So I would give Bill a big vote. As you Americans say: "Bill's my man!"

I'm sure he's blushing by now...:D

Insert same story here: he sent me my first Khuk prior to being paid... and my second 2 days later...:rolleyes: and my third a week after that... (Yes he's been paid!:p )

He strikes me as a very straightforward honest man; and patient! Heck he deals with me, he must be!:cool:

Uncle Bill is a role model and an inspiration. He lives and breathes integrity and principle. And like N2S said, probably nuts, too! :D

If the interested M.D. wants to get a handle on Bill, Have him do 2 things:

1) Give him this website for perusal;

Himalayan Imports Website

2) Give him this number to call;

( 775 ) 825-2279

and talk to Bill himself. If he's not home, Yangdu can give a time he should be back.

Now my take on Bill Martino is that he is not a saint. He is, however doing his level best to imitate one and keeps getting closer all the time.

Heck, between him and his father-in-law I'm considering the practice of Buddhism as a set of disciplines ( rather than religious beliefs ) to follow. Those disciplines have mostly been lost to the "laity" in western Christianity - reserved for those professional Th.M or D.Min types into the esoteric.

WANT TO BET HOW FAR UNCLE SPITS HIS COFFEE WHEN HE SEES THE ABOVE?

Remember though, that he isn't there yet, but is honest enough to tell his failures straight out. Which are sometimes hilariously amusing to those who know him.

Other times knowing how far he's come, to occassionally revert to the old ways is inspirational to the rest of us.

Back