• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

ISO Craftsman to make competition style chopper

Hello All,

I would like to have a competition style chopper made in CPM 3V. I understand that this build will not qualify as a competition knife due to its dimensions.

I'd like the blade to be full tang, 11 inches long, 2.125 inches wide, have a 5.25 inch handle, be .25" thick at the spine, and have a full flat grind. The blade should have a slight belly to it with the apex directly between the tip and the bolster. The handle must be ergonomic micarta with no sharp edges that might create "hot spots". The blade should have a small sharpening choil.

The 3V itself should be heat treated for toughness over edge retention. For reference I really appreciate the Peter's heat treats on my Survive! knives and my CPK knives.

I intend to use this as a large camp knife. It will take some abuse and should be able to be batoned with no issues.

the ability to engrave with my initials would be a plus but isn't necessary.

I'd like the point of the blade to be shaped somewhere between the typical 90 degree square of a competition chopper and the more subdued look of a Parang (if that makes sense).

I cannot draw for the life of me so I won't embarrass myself. I've included a link to a picture of a blade that I like the look of (Handle excluded) for reference.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/731679...MI-a_C7L7Z5gIVjpOzCh1GCwOJEAQYASABEgLA1fD_BwE

Let me know if you are interested.

Thanks,

Anthony

Back