• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad It appears I was Scammed by Symphonyincminor

Texas is seriously dependent on unreliable "green" energy, and it turns out snow shuts down solar, and ice all over the machinery and Alaskan cold greatly impairs wind-power. All the "carbon" generation, at maximum capacity, was not enough to meet the greatly increased load caused by the cold and wind. "Green" is great in areas with little or nor snow and no seriosu cold. Aboslutely 0 Cognition, of course, diagrees. 2+2 = 7.

Texas is NOT dependent on Green Energy, that's BS. There are many sources of the facts, here's one.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...energy-not-blame-texas-energy-crisis-n1258185

Texas is seriously dependent on unreliable "green" energy, and it turns out snow shuts down solar, and ice all over the machinery and Alaskan cold greatly impairs wind-power. All the "carbon" generation, at maximum capacity, was not enough to meet the greatly increased load caused by the cold and wind. "Green" is great in areas with little or nor snow and no seriosu cold. Aboslutely 0 Cognition, of course, diagrees. 2+2 = 7.
Both off-topic and wrong.
Texas is NOT dependent on Green Energy, that's BS. There are many sources of the facts, here's one.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...energy-not-blame-texas-energy-crisis-n1258185
:thumbsup:

Speaking of wrongs - the guy who scammed me has not responded at all to PayPal's requests for info...So My guess is Sunday, they will start review and then (I assume at least - dangerous, I know ;) ) side in my favor. And inspired by ElementalBreakdown ElementalBreakdown 's generosity, I'll find something charitable to do with the returned money. Knife related or not, haven't decided yet ;)

First, you cite as your autority NBCBS. You could have cited any MSM outlet or Dim apologist.

The federal Government, before it became poltically useful to say otherwise, said:

"Electricity
Texas generates more electricity than any other state, almost twice as much as the second-highest electricity-producing state.

Texas produces more electricity than any other state, generating almost twice as much as Florida, the second-highest electricity-producing state.101 Natural gas-fired power plants supplied more than half of the state's electricity net generation in 2019. About 5,000 megawatts of Texas coal-fired generating capacity have been retired since 2016. As a result, coal-fired power plants supplied less than one-fifth of state generation in 2019, down from about one-third as recently as 2014.Wind-powered generation in Texas has rapidly increased during the past two decades. In 2019, wind energy provided more than one-sixth of Texas' generation. The state's two operating nuclear power plants typically supply almost one-tenth of the state's electricity net generation. Most of the capacity added in Texas since 2010 is fueled by natural gas or wind.

Among the contiguous 48 states, Texas is the only state with a stand-alone electricity grid.Although there are four electricity grids that serve Texas, the state's main electricity grid is operated by the Electricity Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT). The ERCOT grid serves about three-fourths of the state and is largely isolated from the other interconnected power systems serving the eastern and western contiguous United States. This isolation means the ERCOT grid is not subject to federal oversight and is, for the most part, dependent on its own resources to meet the state's electricity needs. The state's electricity supply has increased each year, but so has demand. Texas is the largest electricity consumer among the states. The largest share of its electricity retail sales go to the residential sector, followed by the commercial sector, and then the industrial sector. Three in five households in Texas use electricity as their primary source for home heating, but demand peaks during the hot summer months with the increased use of electricity for cooling."

SOURCE: https://www.eia.gov/state/analysis.php?sid=TX

What all the propaganda outlets miss is that if demand peaks and you lose as "little" as 1/6th of the total supply of electricity, the remainder of the system crashes as automated systems cut in to protect the system from overload. This happened in the Northeast Blackout of 2003. It was explained in detail at the time - like a fize blowing due to current overload. But facts are secondary to supporting the narrative. Wouldn't want the public thinking about snow and cold shutting down "green energy" in, say, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Michigan, or all those states where we get snow and even worse cold every single Winter.

And the actual "green" providers? Solar?

"Fun facts about clean energy in Texas:
  • In 2017, Texas generated 18 percent of its energy from wind power and solar power. Go, Texas!
  • Texas added 2,300 megawatts (MW) of wind power in 2017 alone—enough to power more than 450,000 homes.
  • Texas tops the nation in wind-powered generation capacity, with more than 21,450 MW.4 Maybe everything really is bigger in Texas!
  • Since 2014, Texas has produced more wind electricity than both of the state’s two nuclear power plants. The future of clean energy looks bright."
SOURCE: https://www.greenmountainenergy.com/texas/

So when the solar panels are covered with snow and the windmills stopped by ice and cold, hundreds of thousands of Texas homes are without power, and the rest of the network goes down too to prevent catastrophic, multi-billion dollar, months to repair, damage.

Just reality.

Last edited:
First, you cite as your autority NBCBS. You could have cited any MSM outlet or Dim apologist.
The federal Government, before it became politically useful to say otherwise, said:
"Electricity
etc etc etc....
Guys, there are plenty of threads devoted to semi political hindsight 20/20 monday afternoon quarterbacking. I tried to politely re-direct to stay on topic when this popped up - and I admittedly derailed this thread a bit myself asking for Texas jokes / and making some about FL - but I'm going to ask that we just drop the back and forth political debate regarding the Texas power outage during the cold snap from this thread. Like any real life disaster it's always a combination of factors, known / unknown, anticipated and not that trigger these things.

And also because as we ALL know, the reason was really that the earth is flat, it got flipped over and the Texas side was facing away from the sun...:p. Seriously though, lets please drop the political junk from this thread. Now, if you have a good Texas Meme to share, post up!

The federal Government, before it became poltically useful to say otherwise, said:

"Electricity
Texas generates more electricity than any other state, almost twice as much as the second-highest electricity-producing state.

Texas produces more electricity than any other state, generating almost twice as much as Florida, the second-highest electricity-producing state.101 Natural gas-fired power plants supplied more than half of the state's electricity net generation in 2019. About 5,000 megawatts of Texas coal-fired generating capacity have been retired since 2016. As a result, coal-fired power plants supplied less than one-fifth of state generation in 2019, down from about one-third as recently as 2014.Wind-powered generation in Texas has rapidly increased during the past two decades. In 2019, wind energy provided more than one-sixth of Texas' generation. The state's two operating nuclear power plants typically supply almost one-tenth of the state's electricity net generation. Most of the capacity added in Texas since 2010 is fueled by natural gas or wind.

Among the contiguous 48 states, Texas is the only state with a stand-alone electricity grid.Although there are four electricity grids that serve Texas, the state's main electricity grid is operated by the Electricity Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT). The ERCOT grid serves about three-fourths of the state and is largely isolated from the other interconnected power systems serving the eastern and western contiguous United States. This isolation means the ERCOT grid is not subject to federal oversight and is, for the most part, dependent on its own resources to meet the state's electricity needs. The state's electricity supply has increased each year, but so has demand. Texas is the largest electricity consumer among the states. The largest share of its electricity retail sales go to the residential sector, followed by the commercial sector, and then the industrial sector. Three in five households in Texas use electricity as their primary source for home heating, but demand peaks during the hot summer months with the increased use of electricity for cooling."

SOURCE: https://www.eia.gov/state/analysis.php?sid=TX

What all the propaganda outlets miss is that if demand peaks and you lose as "little" at 1/6th of supply, the remainder of the system crashes as automated systems cut in to protect the system from overload. This happened in the Northeast Blackout of 2003. It was explained in detail. But facts are secondary to supporting the narrative. Wouldn't want the public thinking about snow and cold shutting down "green energy" in, say, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Michigan, or all those states where we get snow and even worse cold every single Winter.

And the actual "green" providers? Solar?

"Fun facts about clean energy in Texas:
  • In 2017, Texas generated 18 percent of its energy from wind power and solar power. Go, Texas!
  • Texas added 2,300 megawatts (MW) of wind power in 2017 alone—enough to power more than 450,000 homes.
  • Texas tops the nation in wind-powered generation capacity, with more than 21,450 MW.4 Maybe everything really is bigger in Texas!
  • Since 2014, Texas has produced more wind electricity than both of the state’s two nuclear power plants. The future of clean energy looks bright."
SOURCE: https://www.greenmountainenergy.com/texas/

So when the solar panels are covered with snow and the windmills stopped by ice and cold, hundreds of thousands of Texas homes are without power, and the rest of the network goes down too to prevent catastrophic, multi-billion dollar, months to repair, damage.

Just reality.
It's actually pretty crazy how wind power and solar power aren't in any way shut down in states where it snows every winter. Heck, there are even very functional wind turbines in Alaska and Antarctica! I guess they just run on rainbows and wishes.

Joe, I will PM you later and let me know if you get your cash back... I'm staying off this thread, I don't know why after you politely asked for the politics to be taken elsewhere it continues, but if there's any significant posts after this ON TOPIC let me know.

ESPECIALLY if anyone contributing here has any thoughts about the ferric chloride heat anodizing. It's a bit mysterious because there's no reliable way to control for color saturation and just about everything you do has some effect, but NOT a reliable effect.
For example, the grit you sand to definitely makes a difference, but smoother or rougher doesn't guarantee anything. The temperature of both the titanium and the ferric chloride makes a difference, but again not a consistent effect.
I reached out to the blade Smith I respect most, but he said his ano procedure that produces a similar effect is at least a 3 step process and it DOESN'T EVEN USE ferric chloride!

I was thinking of using carbon paper to outline the engraving for your initials and then using an ultra fine tipped bit on the best Dremel I have. I have a source that sells great bits that fit the Dremel by the way... if anyone wants to PM me I will pass along the info.

Last, I have to cover the glow effects with something like clear polish that does NOT have any UV inhibitors. I was thinking of doing just the inside of the round finger hole so it wouldn't get banged up as much, and then just play it by ear if I see somewhere else it would look interesting . But you may not like it so I wasn't sure about sealing it - if anyone knows of a brush on satin or flat coating that doesn't have UV filters let me KNOW. Joe, if you like it based on the pics I will seal it, but otherwise I will let you decide and then permanently seal it afterwards.
If I don't seal it then you can just scrape it off if you don't like it.

Anyway, this whole thing is both fun and practice for me, so please don't look at it as if I am doing you this big favor or anything, it's my pleasure.

If it does turn out well, I would be happy to do a similar thing for any of you guys free of charge. I can't take on more than 1-2 projects a month right now, but I'm actually looking for titanium to practice on so don't be shy about asking. Again, I'm not a service provider so this would all be free. In 5 years or so when I retire, I think I will do this as a side business, I figure that should be enough time to get good at it.

In the meantime, I can also offer some small samples of the glow compounds I am using, I have spent the past 2 years doing extensive testing to find the absolute best stuff out there and am currently working with a provider that's one of the kindest and most stand up guys I know. If enough people are interested, I'll suggest that he support our forums so that we can discuss his products more openly.

Talk to you soon Joe!

I have been scammed by 2 members that had an old join date. Some leave it stagnant and then come back to do their sting.

Then there is a third member who is very active (who will remain nameless) who is very tricky in his wording of his ads. I have seen his ads repeatedly use the same tactics and so far nobody has reported him.

he states in his ads "I have never carried or used it”. But when receiving his knife and discovering they were obviosly used... His reply is " well I never said its was brand new".

Last edited:
I have been scammed by 2 members that had an old join date. Some leave it stagnant and then come back to do their sting.

Then there is a third member who is very active (who will remain nameless) who is very tricky in his wording of his ads. I have seen his ads repeatedly use the same tactics and so far nobody has reported him.

he states in his ads "I have never carried or used it”. But when receiving his knife and discovering they were obviosly used... His reply is " well I never said its was brand new".
For Real? Someone has the brazen brass ones to pull that semantics garbage and get away with it? "I never carried it" vs "It was never carried it" ? That's a wittled hair away from just straight up lying in my opinion...

For Real? Someone has the brazen brass ones to pull that semantics garbage and get away with it? "I never carried it" vs "It was never carried it" ? That's a wittled hair away from just straight up lying in my opinion...

That seller has been here for years and has hundreds of posts. Most of his sales threads say the same thing. The energy and time it would take to expose him is just not worth it. At least that is how I look at it

Back