It followed me home (Part 2)

Thanks man.
Not sure if you noticed this SEARS M, I know we have shared our like of craftsman before...

20180315_002949.jpg

Ya these two guys are definetly beat and loans...reminds me I have a cousin that has borrowed a Chinese hung michigan for a weekend about 6 months ago...

20180315_003548.jpg

Of the two the US96 on the right has a better feel to it...if that makes any sense.
I am most pleased to pull the cant hook. I can put it right to use as is, i will clean it a bit first though, and that's perfect because I could use one.

20180315_003101.jpg

My first perforated lance tooth...still working on clearing up around a faint etch I found late last night...obsessed mad scientist early morning hours late...

20180315_005237.jpg

Hoping to scratch out some time today for more cleaning to expose the etch more clearly.
US96 is most likely woodings-verona. Probably very good steel, but could be little bit unbalanced (front heavy)

US96 is most likely woodings-verona. Probably very good steel, but could be little bit unbalanced (front heavy)

That was suggested to me to be a woodings verona but I was not sure myself. Thanks.

I have one of those Sears M half-hatchets, and it's my favorite of my half-hatchets. It has great lines and great steel.

I agree it looks great, nice stamping and will look great dusted off a bit on a handle:thumbsup:

I have one of those Sears M half-hatchets, and it's my favorite of my half-hatchets. It has great lines and great steel.

That's because it was made by Vaughan & Bushnell from their good 1080 steel, this is the OEM code Sears still uses for V&B hammers and hatchets.
You'll find the V&B OEM code on hammers and hatchets in with the Craftsman stamp like this.

Thanks man.
Not sure if you noticed this SEARS M, I know we have shared our like of craftsman before...

20180315_002949.jpg

Ya these two guys are definetly beat and loans...reminds me I have a cousin that has borrowed a Chinese hung michigan for a weekend about 6 months ago...

20180315_003548.jpg

Of the two the US96 on the right has a better feel to it...if that makes any sense.
I am most pleased to pull the cant hook. I can put it right to use as is, i will clean it a bit first though, and that's perfect because I could use one.

20180315_003101.jpg

My first perforated lance tooth...still working on clearing up around a faint etch I found late last night...obsessed mad scientist early morning hours late...

20180315_005237.jpg

Hoping to scratch out some time today for more cleaning to expose the etch more clearly.

That half hatchet should be a great tool with having been made by Vaughan & Bushnell.

And that second axe would most certainly be Woodings Verona, probably not great but should be at least better than the other which I'm sure is Mexico.

Ok guys... It looks like I have crossed the Rubicon; Till this day, I've kept buying old user axes. Those NOS hatchets, house axe will collect dust on the shelf, so I guess I've just officially become an axe collector :)

plumb hammer, plumb hatchets, plumb house axe, plumb boy's axe, craftsman boy's axe, imperial prividence knife

Your Hammer,
P1010002.jpg

Made me think of this ad:
AIL55YG.jpg

Picked these up from a garage sale! Three draw knives. One is fairly standard one is very curved and the other is an interesting shape. Maybe something for shop building? Guy said they can from New Hampshire, same guy I got the Douglas axe from last week. Anyone know what it may be for?

The 'ball' is beveled on the convex side.
Shot in the dark: I wonder if this was used for making scalloped chair seats with a raised center line. The 'ball' could have ridden on a guide stick or dowel to scallop on either side and when flipped over used as a scorp and/or for rounding legs.

Back