It followed me home (Part 2)

The one gem at the flea market. I was happy to take it. I remember a while back I said I needed a Dayton head. And I have got three in the last month. Not too bad. That’s why I keeps saying “it’s not a TT boys axe but....” a nice Dayton Woodslasher will do! haha.

Last edited:
It is a form of what is known in Scandinavia as a "meddragkniv",a draw-knife used to true-up the lateral groove in log-building.
It looks to be an adaptation,a re-forging of a regular drawknife,possibly...

Shot in the dark: I wonder if this was used for making scalloped chair seats with a raised center line. The 'ball' could have ridden on a guide stick or dowel to scallop on either side and when flipped over used as a scorp and/or for rounding legs.

I was also thinking that because of the shape. But because of handle angle idk if it would be possible. I think jake has it “pegged”.

Pun intended

Ok guys... It looks like I have crossed the Rubicon; Till this day, I've kept buying old user axes. Those NOS hatchets, house axe will collect dust on the shelf, so I guess I've just officially become an axe collector :)

plumb hammer, plumb hatchets, plumb house axe, plumb boy's axe, craftsman boy's axe, imperial prividence knife
I thought that Imperial fixed blade looked familiar, I believe it's a 1950's pilots knife issued before they came out with the common sawback JPK issued during Vietnam and onwards.

...I am thinking American Logging Tool Co. Evart, Michigan.

Interesting that they had the option for either hickory or rock maple handles for the peaveys in their catalog:

BookReaderImages.php

BookReaderImages.php

https://archive.org/stream/AmericanLoggingToolCoCatalogueC/American Logging Tool Co Catalogue C#page/n5/mode/2up

NOS Wetterlings single bevel beauty, original paper packaging too

IMG_2330_zpsnsnhlkey.jpg

IMG_2332_zpscvdmvoy7.jpg

IMG_2331_zps3d1jny38.jpg

Aikonen, that is a very nice piece! I had the opportunity to pick one up in a trade (not mint condition but close enough to make it tempting) and am sorry I didn't.

Not axe related but I couldn't pass op this Old Pal gem for $2

I've got the shitty as seen on tv " Pocket chair " and a larger generic camo one, but this thing is miles ahead in quality.
The PC is shorter and not as wide making It uncomfortable, and the larger one is just wider but but still a bit short.
This one is just wide and tall enough for me, plus it'll go well with my dad's childhood Old Pal tacklebox even though it's not red.

The one gem at the flea market. I was happy to take it. I remember a while back I said I needed a Dayton head. And I have got three in the last month. Not too bad. That’s why I keeps saying “it’s not a TT boys axe but....” a nice Dayton Woodslasher will do! haha.
I think both of those knifes are for coopers. The one being modified. This guy goes over a couple of them at about 36 minutes in. As always I reserve the right to be wrong.:confused:

Back