It followed me home (Part 2)

good day today---a buddy called said he had an elk rack for me---gonna use it for knife handles----he was at a flea market in airway heights--stopped at a garage sale got peaveys and 2 small axes--at flea market got antlers and hammers and this box of snap-on tools----great day--don't go out to sales much anymore-cant close the door on shop now.....but some stuff I just cant say no to....DSC05727.JPG DSC05729.JPG DSC05731.JPG

My first haul in a while, and well worth the wait I feel.

20180914_203531.jpg

20180914_203556.jpg

My favorites of the pick...

NYC_Atlas_Plane.jpg

Atlas_plane.jpg

20180914_203751.jpg

20180914_200650.jpg

20180914_203645.jpg

20180914_203948.jpg

My favorite of the lot...This Fuji Club, 12speed, tight cluster cog, late '80's/early 90's...pinnacle of Japanese Lug weld, super light production frames. IMO:cool:
Just my size too!

20180914_201132.jpg

Of course I think it's all great and love it all!
To many favorites as I look back...the craftsman ratchet is awesome! The single bevel, phantom bevel hewing...very excellent condition.

I am excited:cool::thumbsup:

jblyttle. Very interesting. That is normally considered a Danish Boy Scout Knife. I have three of them, one by Erling Vangedal, made in Denmark, one by Jorgen How, but made in Germany, and the last by Hans Anderson also made in Denmark. I do not recognize the maker of your knife, looks like a ring with the initials "SY". The sheath is usually sewn with wire, but your sheath seems to be missing the wire. You might want to post your photos on the Bernard Levine Forum, someone there might recognize the maker. Thanks for posting the photos. John
PS Are there any markings on the other side of the tang?

jblyttle. Very interesting. That is normally considered a Danish Boy Scout Knife. I have three of them, one by Erling Vangedal, made in Denmark, one by Jorgen How, but made in Germany, and the last by Hans Anderson also made in Denmark. I do not recognize the maker of your knife, looks like a ring with the initials "SY". The sheath is usually sewn with wire, but your sheath seems to be missing the wire. You might want to post your photos on the Bernard Levine Forum, someone there might recognize the maker. Thanks for posting the photos. John
PS Are there any markings on the other side of the tang?
The stamp is similar to this one found elsewhere online, saying "the ‘GY on a ring’ stamp is perhaps one of the more interesting and unusual stamps. It was a knife made for Gylling Hansen, an importer from Copenhagen, Denmark. Allegedly, the Gylling Hansen import company was not in operation at the end of WWII, which would date this knife pre 1945."

1_Rostfri%2BSolingen%2BGY%2BGylling%2BHansen.JPG

http://thebladeblog-ulf.blogspot.com/2016/03/german-leverlocks-contract-knives-of.html

Last edited:
Looks like the Huther Bros. "adjustable circular-saw vise", as shown in Wood Craft, March 1906.

content
Exactly. I'll admit to not knowing that when I bought it this morning, but it looked interesting, it was $20 and I took a gamble. Then I looked it up. Not many people sharpen circular saw blades anymore, so it is mostly just a collectible. It is available if there are any interested parties.

Today’s small flea market haul. A complete Stanley #45 with all parts and one iron. A “Worth” 1” chisel, and a very nice #3.5 Collins Homestead DB. It has been rehung on a vintage handle that is straight as an arrow. I will probably use the handle in another head because it is so nice. But this head has no chips or dents in the top or bottom. This made me a happy camper today! Thanks for lookin.

Back