It followed me home (Part 2)

I was poking around online when I came across this ad. Seems normal, right? I thought so too until I looked at the cruiser part. 1-2.5lbs with 16", 19", and 28" handles. Has anyone on here come across any of the smaller weights and handle lengths? If so, what did you think of them?
s-l1600-5.jpg

I was poking around online when I came across this ad. Seems normal, right? I thought so too until I looked at the cruiser part. 1-2.5lbs with 16", 19", and 28" handles. Has anyone on here come across any of the smaller weights and handle lengths? If so, what did you think of them?
s-l1600-5.jpg
Those smaller ones my friend are called saddle axes, I believe agent H has one, marbles sells one too

Warren Axe & Tool Co's 1937 catalog (page 10) lists them as "Smallest Double Bit Axe Made", with a 1 pound weight and 16" handle, available in Sager and other brands.

BookReaderImages.php

My internet is back! I've been doing a little bit more selective purchasing lately. Pretty excited about my finds. I already cleaned and hung the plumb Michigan 32 in the back.
yzrdHRb.jpg

I didn't know anyone made a legit tiny hewing hatchet!? A Winchester, the name at a slight slant... and a Stanley no51 spoke shave.
q2ecsCT.jpg
WRZvct5.jpg

I know it's impossible to see in the photo but it says "underhill edge tool co warranted cast steel" and has a #5.
8siw3iw.jpg

Anyone have a clue what company GNF co. Was? I was worried the handle was cracked but its in great shape. Beautiful old knob end!
JCLnwcf.jpg
aM7mfgh.jpg
qKmEw7f.jpg

This Kelly perfect will make an excellent user. I will have a stunt bit and a keen bit and won't be afraid to use it hard.
68BzCGq.jpg

Again hard to see but it says "Warren" in cursive.
58KDlml.jpg

Thanks for looking guys, good to be back!

I think it's GNP CO which is probably the
Great Northern Paper Co
which had a mill at Millinocket, Maine...

350px-Great_Northern_Paper_Company_Mill%2C_Millinocket%2C_ME.jpg

350px-Log_Pile_of_the_Great_Northern_Paper_Co.%2C_Millinocket%2C_ME.jpg

"Great Northern Paper Company was a Maine-based pulp and paper manufacturer..."
Wikipedia
You're absolutely right! Thank you for that Steve. Great northern had a huge presence around where i grew up. My father worked there in fact at the Bucksport, ME. paper mill before i was born. I found it curious that whoever owned it previously had taped the handle. it appeared that perhaps they were trying to cover the initials? The pickaroon itself lacks any markings but i can tell it's good steel. Thanks again Mr. Tall...

My internet is back! I've been doing a little bit more selective purchasing lately. Pretty excited about my finds. I already cleaned and hung the plumb Michigan 32 in the back.
yzrdHRb.jpg

I didn't know anyone made a legit tiny hewing hatchet!? A Winchester, the name at a slight slant... and a Stanley no51 spoke shave.
q2ecsCT.jpg
WRZvct5.jpg

I know it's impossible to see in the photo but it says "underhill edge tool co warranted cast steel" and has a #5.
8siw3iw.jpg

Anyone have a clue what company GNF co. Was? I was worried the handle was cracked but its in great shape. Beautiful old knob end!
JCLnwcf.jpg
aM7mfgh.jpg
qKmEw7f.jpg

This Kelly perfect will make an excellent user. I will have a stunt bit and a keen bit and won't be afraid to use it hard.
68BzCGq.jpg

Again hard to see but it says "Warren" in cursive.
58KDlml.jpg

Thanks for looking guys, good to be back!
B Brian Rust check it out bud, nother KP with the heel knocked off

Here's the craftsman db i had mentioned yesterday. Looks to be a narrow Michigan. It's the first axe I've acquired that has been filed and sharpened perfectly to my liking. On the original haft but again i had to rehang it. More pics in the rehang thread.
AJkR2nA.jpg
JojGAHg.jpg

Beautiful shape! I bought it from an 89 year old man who had gotten it from his dad after he died. Who knows when his dad bought it though!?
9Q9M7r8.jpg
oT6xNFw.jpg

The weight stamp is 3 1/2. Just like that, with the fraction horizontal. By far my favorite craftsman!

A couple of things my brother brought home. My favorite is the flint edge. I've been looking for that pattern and that axe for a while. I'll need to straighten the plumb lathing hatchet's bit, pound out the eye on the flint edge, and possibly weld new bits on the 3² double bit. If I weld the 3² it won't be for quite a while. Also, any guesses on the maker of it? Edit: I just weighed the 3² and it is 2 pounds and 15.7 ounces.
IMG_0183.jpg
IMG_0182.jpg
IMG_E0185.jpg
IMG_0189.jpg

IMG_0186.jpg

IMG_0198.jpg

IMG_0197.jpg
IMG_0194.jpg

Back