It followed me home (Part 2)

Craftsman, 'slasher, plumb and starretts? Nice score on the anvil-vise too! What's the hatchet with the chunk out of the handle?

Here is a similar beastie from a great site in French if not already in favorites.
imgp2588-27a7605.jpg

http://www.forum-outils-anciens.com/t2622-a-bucher.htm

All these are probably good guesses,but i would imagine that Very shape that Agent_H has is it's own special type,and has a dedicated name and job...
But yeah,interesting ergonomics...Also a beautifully forged tool...i gaze on in wistful envy...(Agent_H,can you see Any indication of where that socket is welded shut At?:)

Here are Jake's pictures inline:
vOQ5cjw.jpg

ozH4Aqe.jpg

bVGbOd9.jpg

Taking the last two pages of the link that to the the pdf that Steve posted up might help in finding pattern differences:

Toucy1.jpg

Toucy2.jpg

"Sheep's Shoulder"?

Just picked this up tonight at a local shop. Stamp is an arm holding a hammer(not like a Collins stamp) and it says ___________LL BROS —something—. Can anyone tell me any info on the maker? Did a quick search but came up empty, I feel like I have read something about this “arm and hammer” stamp somewhere but I can’t remember for the life of me. Hanks in advance!!

Just picked this up tonight at a local shop. Stamp is an arm holding a hammer(not like a Collins stamp) and it says ___________LL BROS —something—. Can anyone tell me any info on the maker? Did a quick search but came up empty, I feel like I have read something about this “arm and hammer” stamp somewhere but I can’t remember for the life of me. Hanks in advance!!
Campbell Bros. St John New Brunswick

Nice Flint Edge found at the fleas. Never been "grindered" and pretty clean poll. Looks like Kelly Works era, haven't even dusted it off yet. A gem at any price, and a steal at $15. Haft is warped fiercely.

Probably tension wood, the irony. I just cut a nice dense, super flat, clear 8/4 hickory board in thirds and it's reallll tensioned. I want to spend some time making nice hafts with it, but I gotta find some way to condition the wood or it will surely bow more. While I'm working with it. And thereafter I fear. Open to suggestions there. I think it's gonna creep no matter what I do. 20181107_122238-1512x2016.jpg 20181113_001517-1512x2016.jpg 20181107_122412-1512x2016.jpg

Back