1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 39 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Cold Steel Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Cold Steel Knives Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Merch Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Sept 28 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

It followed me home (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Axe, Tomahawk, & Hatchet Forum' started by Steve Tall, Jun 12, 2014.

1. Hickory n steel

Hickory n steel Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 11, 2016
    Awesome score.

garry3, Brian Rust, Fmont and 2 others like this.
  2. ithinkverydeeply

ithinkverydeeply Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 17, 2018
    I appreciate how motivated you are!

Fmont likes this.
  3. Hickory n steel

Feb 11, 2016
    It payed off, no pics right now but at Goodwill i actually found a couple of US made leather belts ( I buy any us made leather belt I find ) a dovetail saw and a large Yankee screwdriver.
    I was getting ready to go check out when I saw the Yankee on the floor :eek:
    It's a Stanley 131A and the flat blade bit that's in it is perfect.
    It was probably used very little.

garry3, ithinkverydeeply, A17 and 3 others like this.
  4. Yankee Josh

Yankee Josh Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 31, 2018
    Two more things followed me home today. [​IMG]
    An AmericanaX side axe. [​IMG]
    Double bevel and with a hardened poll. [​IMG]
    I've seen a lot of Ames shovels but never an Ames mfg co hammer before. Same company? [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Just a couple things but they add up! Lol. Just ask my girlfriend...

5. Hickory n steel

Feb 11, 2016
    I'll get some pictures , but my plan for the Yankee is to modify a 1/4 bit extension to fit if the diameter is good.
    If not I'll have to probably acquire some Yankee driver bits.

Fmont likes this.
  6. Hickory n steel

Feb 11, 2016
  7. Square_peg

Square_peg Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 1, 2012
    What a little sweetheart of a screw driver!

8. junkenstien

junkenstien

Feb 15, 2017
    Like that screwdriver alot too.Double bevel side axe is real nice,is the hard steel on the poll real thin?Think mr pogg posted something about them being wrapped not to long ago and all of them i find are chipped on the sharp corners like that,be nice to know of a place that would put some new steel on there and round it off so it could be used.

Yankee Josh, Fmont and A17 like this.
  9. jblyttle

jblyttle Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 3, 2014
  10. ithinkverydeeply

ithinkverydeeply Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 17, 2018
    A17, Miller '72, Fmont and 1 other person like this.
  11. SCFlyGuy

SCFlyGuy

Oct 17, 2015
    I hesitate to keep the negative discussion going, but the kind of rhetoric posted by ScottB65 has no place in today’s society. Not only is the homophobia totally offensive, so is the assumption that only MEN follow this forum. The first rule of telling a joke is ‘know your audience.’ Clearly, that can’t be done in a forum setting. Even then, the comments were offensive. I sincerely hope the moderators take action. It’s time to evolve. My $0.02.

12. John A. Larsen

John A. Larsen

Jan 15, 2001
    I see in my Garrett Wade catalog they are selling a 4-piece screw driver set that look very similar to the ones above. Supposedly a copy of what was standard issue in U.S. Army Tanks. They are listed as "Imported" so probably made in China. John

A17, Agent_H and Fmont like this.
  13. Hickory n steel

Feb 11, 2016
    I don't subscribe to the " progressive " way of thinking and do believe people really just need to learn how to take a joke ( my gay brother and gay cousin can, but I do think it has no place here and that I was probably in poor taste.
    I'm pretty sure that's what W&C is for anyhow.

Anyways back on topic.
    The DB handle I bought from JB was supposed to arrive yesterday but has been hung up in Auburn about an hour from me, I should have it by tomorrow I hope.
    When I do I'll try to get that beautiful head hung on it ASAP, in the meantime I may do some filing.

14. jblyttle

Sep 3, 2014
    Jeez I take the weekend off and am very surprised to see this king of crap leaking into our forum. I'm confident that it will be dealt with.

15. jblyttle

Sep 3, 2014
    3.75lb Mann Knot Klipper of original 27.5" handle.

16. SCFlyGuy

SCFlyGuy

Oct 17, 2015
    Perfect handle screwdrivers seem to be getting harder and harder to find. That’s the

A17 and Brian Rust like this.
  17. SCFlyGuy

SCFlyGuy

Oct 17, 2015
    Oops got cut off ...
    That’s the coolest perfect handle I’ve ever seen.

18. Fmont

Fmont Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 20, 2017
    If he's not in for it, and it's not claimed otherwise, Is like to throw my hat in the ring. I have not a Knot Klipper, and that would be *the* way to start.

19. Agent_H

Agent_H Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 21, 2013
    @knarfeng is a good admin but for some reason it gives me the “heebeejeebees” when he has to reduce altitude for a bombing run.

On Perfect screw drivers...
    [​IMG]
    The fresh looking ones were in my grandfather’s tool chest and the haggard one I picked up someplace. There are a couple more around here but nothing small.

Square_peg, Nbrackett, A17 and 6 others like this.
  20. Agent_H

Agent_H Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 21, 2013
    Let’s arm wrestle lol