It followed me home (Part 2)

Had to work overtime and won't make it to the swap meet today since it closes at 3:00pm, but I will at least get to see what I might be able to find at Goodwill.
The one down the street from my mom's house is generally a great place to get some awesome kitchen knives for dirt cheap. I'm sure I'll at least bring home something.
I appreciate how motivated you are!

I appreciate how motivated you are!
It payed off, no pics right now but at Goodwill i actually found a couple of US made leather belts ( I buy any us made leather belt I find ) a dovetail saw and a large Yankee screwdriver.
I was getting ready to go check out when I saw the Yankee on the floor :eek:
It's a Stanley 131A and the flat blade bit that's in it is perfect.
It was probably used very little.

Two more things followed me home today.
rR6G4xe.jpg

An AmericanaX side axe.
8F3nxQh.jpg

Double bevel and with a hardened poll.
7oq1EXK.jpg

I've seen a lot of Ames shovels but never an Ames mfg co hammer before. Same company?
mSCgJ1O.jpg
nMERx6K.jpg

Just a couple things but they add up! Lol. Just ask my girlfriend...

I'll get some pictures , but my plan for the Yankee is to modify a 1/4 bit extension to fit if the diameter is good.
If not I'll have to probably acquire some Yankee driver bits.

Like that screwdriver alot too.Double bevel side axe is real nice,is the hard steel on the poll real thin?Think mr pogg posted something about them being wrapped not to long ago and all of them i find are chipped on the sharp corners like that,be nice to know of a place that would put some new steel on there and round it off so it could be used.

Inappropriate.
If your looking for confrontation..?
Go elsewhere.
Thank you.

Maybe you lack a penis? Sorry, I spent 29 years in the US Military. You know, working with MEN that knew what a joke was.

I hesitate to keep the negative discussion going, but the kind of rhetoric posted by ScottB65 has no place in today’s society. Not only is the homophobia totally offensive, so is the assumption that only MEN follow this forum. The first rule of telling a joke is ‘know your audience.’ Clearly, that can’t be done in a forum setting. Even then, the comments were offensive. I sincerely hope the moderators take action. It’s time to evolve. My $0.02.

I see in my Garrett Wade catalog they are selling a 4-piece screw driver set that look very similar to the ones above. Supposedly a copy of what was standard issue in U.S. Army Tanks. They are listed as "Imported" so probably made in China. John

I hesitate to keep the negative discussion going, but the kind of rhetoric posted by ScottB65 has no place in today’s society. Not only is the homophobia totally offensive, so is the assumption that only MEN follow this forum. The first rule of telling a joke is ‘know your audience.’ Clearly, that can’t be done in a forum setting. Even then, the comments were offensive. I sincerely hope the moderators take action. It’s time to evolve. My $0.02.
I don't subscribe to the " progressive " way of thinking and do believe people really just need to learn how to take a joke ( my gay brother and gay cousin can, but I do think it has no place here and that I was probably in poor taste.
I'm pretty sure that's what W&C is for anyhow.

Anyways back on topic.
The DB handle I bought from JB was supposed to arrive yesterday but has been hung up in Auburn about an hour from me, I should have it by tomorrow I hope.
When I do I'll try to get that beautiful head hung on it ASAP, in the meantime I may do some filing.

This followed me home today! I have some small perfect handle type drivers... lots. But this is the smallest I have found so far! Next to one of my more substantial ones Thanks for lookin!
Perfect handle screwdrivers seem to be getting harder and harder to find. That’s the

Jeez I take the weekend off and am very surprised to see this king of crap leaking into our forum. I'm confident that it will be dealt with.

@knarfeng is a good admin but for some reason it gives me the “heebeejeebees” when he has to reduce altitude for a bombing run.

On Perfect screw drivers...
D416461-F-2-E41-4-BA3-8-BB7-481-E47-E1-EF82.jpg

The fresh looking ones were in my grandfather’s tool chest and the haggard one I picked up someplace. There are a couple more around here but nothing small.

Back