It followed me home (Part 2)

I found a few things today. Not the usual by any means. A few things for pondering and an idea. I thought these jacks are pretty neat.
z3kHrle.jpg
fhuwYht.jpg
VfAqngI.jpg
0JZulyr.jpg

Are these automobile jacks?
And I think I'd like to try to make one of these;
EEpIeIb.jpg

So these followed me home;
Vb3aeBg.jpg

I'll just cut the meat hooks here;
7uxhRMY.jpg

And then hammer and bend them, cold, to shape. It'll be fun to try anyway! I'll be out looking for sharp things tomorrow....
It is weird they are always missing the handles. Mine, actually, is missing 2 things: the handle and Model T that came with it :)

Last edited:
Brad...Miller!

Miller '72 Miller '72 , You had competition for that one - it’s a beautiful axe. I was picturing JB having to dial up his email spam filter that evening!

I’m actually ok because it was you that got it.

You forced me to buy a different axe and for that I suppose I will forgive you ;)

I wound up getting something from him the next day on eBay and I *just* picked it up at the door and opened it. After i posted re Miller!

This little cutie:

View attachment 1176286

This is funny and I wonder how many of us do this?

I too will substitute a lost bid or missed out on axe with an equal or sometimes greater score.

When you need it, you need it;)

In the last 3 weeks I have had 2 kelly perfect and a Vaughn "follow me home". And all 3 followed me for $5 each. Now for the fun! I also came across an old unmarked in my dad's shop. He had picked it up for a dollar at an auction 20 years ago. It is pitted up pretty good. But I like it's look.

I picked up a couple things at Hardwick’s yesterday. The same 36” bent handle that AaronGP AaronGP got, hammer handle, a bunch of wedges, and a cool old Nicholson 4 in hand.
They had a different pattern 36” bent SB handle but this one was much thinner.
D79-CBE42-7-A77-491-C-812-E-67-A64-F4-ED4-B2.jpg

EF1317-AD-D454-467-B-97-E1-1858-AC27-DCBC.jpg

I noticed the same thing about the variability of handle thicknesses on the SB 36s. In fact, when I was there a few weeks ago, there was one handle which was much thicker than the rest. I wonder if that’s the same one you saw there (proper sized eye but the rest 30-40% beefier than normal).

I picked up a couple things at Hardwick’s yesterday. The same 36” bent handle that AaronGP AaronGP got, hammer handle, a bunch of wedges, and a cool old Nicholson 4 in hand.
They had a different pattern 36” bent SB handle but this one was much thinner.
D79-CBE42-7-A77-491-C-812-E-67-A64-F4-ED4-B2.jpg

EF1317-AD-D454-467-B-97-E1-1858-AC27-DCBC.jpg
Wow, NOS Nicholson file. That store is a real treasure. US made files, variety of hafts.... I can only wish....

I'm having a hard time finding sharp things all of a sudden. It's disappointing! It's been a week since I bought an axe and withdrawals will start soon. :poop:
I found a couple neat things however. I'm especially pleased with the first item.
KxL9aDG.jpg

TONS of items in there. Haven't found a copyright date but roughly 1910? The best pages;
2ocncSr.jpg

15655553629739218705497622691947.jpg
CCR32eR.jpg

x27lJ3h.jpg

And this book is quite neat too. Lots of interesting facts and good photos. I'll post some if relevant or cool enough.
g6okLzW.jpg
kodT3HI.jpg

And a small saw set. No marks on it save the number 6.
QxwlXhu.jpg

Luckily I had several small washers and a wing nut that fit the threads on the anvil.
gKMamAo.jpg

Man I can't wait to find another axe!

Back