It followed me home (Part 2)

Yankee Josh, your need for something sharp was contagious. After tinkering around a bit. I set out in search of "something sharp" as you put it. I found this Lincoln Axe. I've never seen one before. But the etching was great. I had to bring it home.
Well with your luck I'd keep looking.... Haha. Normally I find axes all over the place but I've been so busy working I haven't had much time to look. Your Lincoln axe is one of a select few I'd buy regardless of condition just to have the stamp. Nice find man!
I'm curious, if you don't mind sharing of course, how much did you pay for it?
And did you find it in a store or yard sale/ flea market?

Well with your luck I'd keep looking.... Haha. Normally I find axes all over the place but I've been so busy working I haven't had much time to look. Your Lincoln axe is one of a select few I'd buy regardless of condition just to have the stamp. Nice find man!
I'm curious, if you don't mind sharing of course, how much did you pay for it?
And did you find it in a store or yard sale/ flea market?
I don't mind at all. Up until tonight I had a very strict rule to not pay more than $5. That is half the fun for me, finding a deal and having it turn out to be a treasure. I found it in an antique store. Which under normal circumstances I would not buy an axe in an antique store. But this guy was laying face down with a $20.00 tag on it. When I flipped it over and saw the emboss (I think that is hat it is called?) I was sold without even knowing what it was. A quick google search on the way home lead me to A. Tredway and Sons. Very lucky find indeed. Any idea what length handle I should start looking for? It is barely 9" across. I included a pic of it next to a single bit Kelly and they are about the same. So I didn't know if I should look for like a cruiser length handle? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I'm having a hard time finding sharp things all of a sudden. It's disappointing! It's been a week since I bought an axe and withdrawals will start soon. :poop:
I found a couple neat things however. I'm especially pleased with the first item.
KxL9aDG.jpg

TONS of items in there. Haven't found a copyright date but roughly 1910? The best pages;
2ocncSr.jpg

View attachment 1177277
CCR32eR.jpg

x27lJ3h.jpg

And this book is quite neat too. Lots of interesting facts and good photos. I'll post some if relevant or cool enough.
g6okLzW.jpg
kodT3HI.jpg

And a small saw set. No marks on it save the number 6.
QxwlXhu.jpg

Luckily I had several small washers and a wing nut that fit the threads on the anvil.
gKMamAo.jpg

Man I can't wait to find another axe!

Original catalogues are awesome! (Never seen one in person lol)
It's like owning a little piece of history.

Well my slasher arrived today, and I'll be Damned if it doesn't still have a burr on it from the factory. :)

( needs a little repair gluing to the fawns foot )

I'm going to go out on a limb and say this was originally owned by an older boy scout, who else would feel the need to put their name on an axe then basically never use it ?
Whoever D.A.BROWN is I'm glad they didn't use this axe much.

Back