It followed me home (Part 2)

For anyone in the Puget Sound area, there's a yard sale going on in Edmonds this weekend, right up the road from my apartment, that has a couple of axes for sale. Here are some pictures of what they've got.

yardsale_5354.jpg

First up is an unnamed Michigan pattern single bit. The head looks to be in pretty good condition and the handle has a really nice shape to it.
yardsale_5356.jpg

yardsale_5358.jpg

yardsale_5360.jpg

yardsale_5362.jpg

yardsale_5364.jpg

The second up is a Collins double bit. This one is in a little rougher shape but still not bad at all.
yardsale_5366.jpg

yardsale_5368.jpg

For anyone in the Puget Sound area, there's a yard sale going on in Edmonds this weekend, right up the road from my apartment, that has a couple of axes for sale. Here are some pictures of what they've got.

yardsale_5354.jpg

First up is an unnamed Michigan pattern single bit. The head looks to be in pretty good condition and the handle has a really nice shape to it.
yardsale_5356.jpg

yardsale_5358.jpg

yardsale_5360.jpg

yardsale_5362.jpg

yardsale_5364.jpg

The second up is a Collins double bit. This one is in a little rougher shape but still not bad at all.
yardsale_5366.jpg

yardsale_5368.jpg
I'll be there in 31 hours please have them hold

yardsale_5354.jpg

yardsale_5356.jpg

yardsale_5358.jpg

yardsale_5360.jpg

yardsale_5362.jpg

yardsale_5364.jpg

yardsale_5366.jpg

yardsale_5368.jpg

That Michigan is a TT Woodslasher, and a later one at that.
Notice it only has 2 eye ridges on either side.

Btw if its right up the street from you why don't you just buy them ?

That Michigan is a TT Woodslasher, and a later one at that.
Notice it only has 2 eye ridges on either side.

Btw if its right up the street from you why don't you just buy them ?

Good info on the TT. I didn't buy them because I've got seven heads waiting to be hung already, including three Michigans. I thought I'd post them here, instead, in case anyone is looking for something and isn't too far away.

yardsale_5354.jpg

yardsale_5356.jpg

yardsale_5358.jpg

yardsale_5360.jpg

yardsale_5362.jpg

yardsale_5364.jpg

yardsale_5366.jpg

yardsale_5368.jpg
That handle is nice.

Last edited:
I don't have an indoor workshop besides my living room, so winter does not, for me, make for better project time. If anything it's worse since I can't sit outside on my patio for the messier things.
Understood, I'm just jealous. I have been wanting to find a Collins. Hopefully soon along with that Flint Edge haha.

A pretty good condition Agent_H Agent_H followed me home yesterday with a couple cool octagonal handles! I’m pretty sure that I just distracted him and took the handles.
I also managed to come up on a Cyclone draw knife yesterday that is ready to go to work, Sharp with very tight handles.
5378-FEB3-5-CCC-417-D-88-F6-2-DD351-ADC58-B.jpg

6-AB46-FCD-B79-D-489-B-A068-E7-D9-FA2455-BF.jpg

86-A5-AEBD-03-D1-4057-9573-1672-BFD439-EB.jpg
"Pretty good condition" - that was somewhat generous lol.

Crossing state lines to smuggle contraband steel to avoid the Feds is what I'm all about - Treetop Flyer and all.
What better way to see your collection, share a bit of mine, and have some laughs?

Back