It followed me home (Part 2)

Yeah, I have some crap going on in my life. My mind has been on other things, motivation and enthusiasm have not been there. Hopefully slowly coming back.

Sorry to hear it. This has been a tough summer for a lot of people, for some reason. Friends, family, neighbors, many people. At least we're not living in the Bahamas. Usually that would be pretty cool, but not at the moment.

I know that there were a few people asking me about some items and that I have not been responsive. It wasn't you, it was me. I'm going to get back on top of things. If I have forgotten anyone, please feel free to remind me.
No rush at all for me. Probably seemed that way but I didn't know you had stuff going on. Whenever you get that E&S Jersey cleaned up drop me a line! Glad to see you back! We missed your input and giant hauls too. Gives us all hope that they're still out there...!
And most importantly I hope everything is okay with you and yours.

No rush at all for me. Probably seemed that way but I didn't know you had stuff going on. Whenever you get that E&S Jersey cleaned up drop me a line! Glad to see you back! We missed your input and giant hauls too. Gives us all hope that they're still out there...!
And most importantly I hope everything is okay with you and yours.

It's yours, I haven't forgotten.

I hit two more sales this morning. This whole lot was $77. It felt fun again!

IMG_20190906_112846 by Justin Lyttle, on Flickr

It's yours, I haven't forgotten.

I hit two more sales this morning. This whole lot was $77. It felt fun again!

IMG_20190906_112846 by Justin Lyttle, on Flickr
It looks like you are trying to corner the market! That haul looks like I could use a half dozen items and I should bring my horse to do some tradin'! It looks like you even found a rope knife. I am glad to see there are still some bargains to be found out there and more importantly you are back to having some fun!

Recently I lost faith and was going to buy Lipped Shipwright Adze on big auction site.
Well, now I got 2 of those.
Patience, you must have my young padawan.
the-logic-of-yoda-12-638.jpg

Mllers Falls hacksaw
Chicago Rowhide beast

Bell System, Klein dikes Pexto pliers

Henry Disston Level patent Oct 29 1912 http://www.datamp.org/patents/search/advance.php?pn=D43191&id=7512&set=29
https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/antique-henry-disston-level-pat-oct29-1854729627
antique-henry-disston-level-pat-oct29_1_6e54f21baa306393a433d0f2ae7c64f8.jpg

Plumb Adze Hargrave Bar Clamp

Last edited:
One of those cases: I had to buy it cause I had no idea what was the use for such a tool. The edge is harder than the rest of this "Hoe". The angle of the haft gets me thinking it is more of slicing/pulling than chopping tool . The owner was first generation Croatian; maybe the shape of that tool has Balkan roots

Last edited:
The angle of the haft gets me thinking it more of slicing than chopping tool .
That angle brings to mind a similarly shaped Portuguese adze called "enzo"(pronounced en-shaw).
It is a boatbuilder's adze used indeed in a slicing manner for finer shaping...But enzo is typically handled Very short,barely enough to grip.
Neat tool,appears to be very well made,other tools in the bunch are very cool too.

Back