It followed me home (Part 2)

This one definitely needs to be rehung since it wiggles a bit even though someone put 3 wedges in it.

Thoughts on what type handle should go with this? This one just doesn’t seem right.

I think that kind of handle would be good - since it does have a hardened poll, you'd want to be able to swing it equally well to use the hammer or the hatchet.

here are what House has with the right eye shape, but with different eye dimensions.

Last edited:
Couldn’t pass this one up at the roadside yard sale this morning.

Thats a great example, glad you didnt pass on it. Beautiful handle.

That's a score. I have that Dynamic without a handle and the steel is legit. And it rings like a church bell.

Hey...Me too. Lol!

I think that kind of handle would be good - since it does have a hardened poll, you'd want to be able to swing it equally well to use the hammer or the hatchet.

here are what House has with the right eye shape, but with different eye dimensions.

I agree. I would rehang using that same handle. Remove those pesky metal wedges and rehang filling those voids with wood wedges...cross wedge maybe baby :cool::thumbsup:

It didn't follow me home, but it was damn sure here when I got off work. Thank you Brian Rust for my new favorite tool! Way too generous man, I appreciate the heck out of it! I'm gonna go screw some stuff up now.

This thing is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I glad you like it! The spokeshave is by far my favorite tool to use. They make the work fun for sure. I guess it is a tie between swinging an axe/hatchet. But it’s up there. Enjoy it man!!

I stopped at a sale on the way home from work and found a few things. Never mind the junk the in the back left.

IFMH%2009-19-19.jpg

Ace pump sprayer NIB, I was in the market for one anyway.
6-tine fork, can't read the maker
Water meter key - unmarked but heavy duty
Drill gauge
Proto USA adjustable wrench
Miller Falls and Stanley USA nails sets - I love the Miller Falls
Craftsman 6" SS rule with leather pocket protector
True Temper Kelly Works Flint Edge boys axe in very good condition
Vaughan 'Super Vanadium' 16oz. rip hammer
Vaughan bricklayer's hammer
7/16" choker with shackle

The pile for $30.

I stopped at a sale on the way home from work and found a few things. Never mind the junk the in the back left.

IFMH%2009-19-19.jpg

Ace pump sprayer NIB, I was in the market for one anyway.
6-tine fork, can't read the maker
Water meter key - unmarked but heavy duty
Drill gauge
Proto USA adjustable wrench
Miller Falls and Stanley USA nails sets - I love the Miller Falls
Craftsman 6" SS rule with leather pocket protector
True Temper Kelly Works Flint Edge boys axe in very good condition
Vaughan 'Super Vanadium' 16oz. rip hammer
Vaughan bricklayer's hammer
7/16" choker with shackle

The pile for $30.

Great score for $30
The 6 tine fork is great, and the boys kelly works flint is a great score on its own.
I like PROTO anything, can't do to much better.
Great haul SquarePeg:thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Back