It followed me home (Part 2)

I have 106 pictures like that from last year, 50 so far this year. :D
Yeah but you've really been out doing yourself with the axes! Holy crap! I can't help myself but ask about one. In the first photo if you count up 7 from bottom left (including the handles). What is that? It looks quite nice! I like the haft too!

I have 106 pictures like that from last year, 50 so far this year. :D
Holy smokes! I stopped at 6 garage sales here yesterday and saw three axes that are in very rough shape and they were the first axes I have seen at a garage sale around here in 4 years. I am beginning to think there just never were many axes in this part of the country. Mostly prairie around here, but, still I would think farmers would have needed an axe? Every farmstead has trees around it. The three I saw yesterday were so rough I did not purchase them. If they were 50¢ they could have made door stops with handles. Are you starting a hardware store?

I'm just posting the one update pic here. The others in the members discussion thread. After penetrant, heat, tapping, banging, swearing, sweating etc. etc. I got the damn thing loose!
QQI48Qu.jpg

Hard to get to which makes it hard to work on. Now I can finish cleaning it up!

Had a good morning 18 bucks total,dug through some crates while this woman put a sticker on each thing then got to the counter and she sold me ev rything in the box for 4 bucks can’t never tell I guess.Perfect handle screwdriver is an Irwin and as close to new as I have seen.
Kick ass! Those Time Life books are awesome! Too bad they didn’t have The Loggers.

Had a good morning 18 bucks total,dug through some crates while this woman put a sticker on each thing then got to the counter and she sold me ev rything in the box for 4 bucks can’t never tell I guess.Perfect handle screwdriver is an Irwin and as close to new as I have seen.
Looks like the reel is a Daiwa Silver Series from the 70’s. I still have 3 that I bought as a teenager ... nice reels. Is that a Shakespeare Wonderod?

Looks like the reel is a Daiwa Silver Series from the 70’s. I still have 3 that I bought as a teenager ... nice reels. Is that a Shakespeare Wonderod?
Looks like it to me, I've got a little Daiwa 8350HRL from this series and it's a great little reel.
This series was made in Korea IIRC but they're still a great reel for what they can generally be had for.
Not quite a vintage Mitchel or a DAM quick but decent reels nonetheless.

Yes sir two piece wonder rod.Got the loggers from the same spot a couple weeks back,got the ww2 time life books looks complete gonna go back and get them when I get a chance.Like all them older diawas I have ever used them whiskers are my favorite.Korean made yep and the Korean made quantum stuff I’ve had has held up as well.

Well guys I found something pretty neat. A house axe/boys axe(edit; it's really a hatchet) wedge pattern from p-v mfg. With as rusty as it was I couldn't believe there was anything left of the stamp. It's from when the company was in Brewer, ME.
FySR8Zx.jpg

w5yjaAj.jpg

It's stamped 2 under the poll. It weighs #1-14.5oz.
elEoy57.jpg

I've never seen such a small wedge pattern before! Have any of you?
I've got a question about this one... I recognize it so well but I can't place what it is! An "M" in a diamond between two cresent moons.
quTIaKZ.jpg

I got a nice pick axe haft too. Have a great afternoon!

Last edited:
Well guys I found something pretty neat. A house axe/boys axe wedge pattern from p-v mfg. With as rusty as it was I couldn't believe there was anything left of the stamp. It's from when the company was in Brewer, ME.
FySR8Zx.jpg

w5yjaAj.jpg

It's stamped 2 under the poll. It weighs #1-14.5oz.
elEoy57.jpg

I've never seen such a small wedge pattern before! Have any of you?
I've got a question about this one... I recognize it so well but I can't place what it is! An "M" in a diamond between two cresent moons.
quTIaKZ.jpg

I got a nice pick axe haft too. Have a great afternoon!
Primary suspect would be one of Mann companies.
vintage-mann-edge-tool-axe-double-bit_1_c34cf10dcf230f799df3ca7243883e59.jpg

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/vintage-mann-edge-tool-axe-double-bit-1878966287
antique-american-ax-tool-co-ax-head_1_17473b5aff0fad2b41a66d4eda8b1bb4.jpg

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/antique-american-ax-tool-co-ax-head-1955427146
Date inside circle mark could be found on old Mann axes
vintage-superior-pa-axe-head-hard_1_9d24ba27a7bc648b1bcfa2470bf3a2bb.jpg

Last edited:
Back