It followed me home (Part 2)

Couple new items. One from jb. An Elwell made in England. It's a different pattern to be sure! Like a cross between a Michigan and Dayton. Anyway real nice axe with a perfect haft.
gmKVyMb.jpg

pcQOtXS.jpg

If you look close you can see "made in England";
RXMbEVU.jpg

The next item, a handle, I'm pretty excited about. I love finding out about new companies that used to make things in Maine. I can't tell the first word but its definitely from Bryant Pond, ME.
If any of you have any info on them can you let me know? I'd sure appreciate it!
JR9PZYt.jpg

I don’t know if Lars comes here to BF forums often but he sent me a little “bonus” yxa that needs work before using. I do love a project.
The others that made the flight. They seem like long hatchets with lugs compared to many American patterns. 1lb 6oz to 1lb 14oz.
BB6-CE9-B9-0-DB6-48-F7-B6-C6-D03-E614-CC74-B.jpg

3-F0-E413-E-5-ECA-46-BA-9-ED1-325-C9-E721-F78.jpg

405-CE8-A1-6-BBE-41-EA-92-A7-77881-BCB7-E8-A.jpg

0-DE701-E7-4-E87-48-D5-8742-BF5-B60-F9-B7-A6.jpg

29450-C40-2-C17-4524-BCC8-3-C59-E957-B635.jpg

967270-AC-8-D2-A-4-B68-8115-99-AFE4324-A08.jpg

I wouldn't want to distract you from your duties when it puts you at risk.

It seems EX refers to some characteristic (särskilda) of the steel used and the hardening process. Must be a very broad description when it applies to both. But I thought I'd recalled seeing EX on axes not from that company also.

suX70SN.jpg

den nya ex-yxan
efter langa, grundliga forsok och experiment har det lyckats var fabrik att med ett sarskilt stal och sarskilda hardningsmetoder fa fram en yxa, som i bett och hallbarhet visat sig vara overlagsen aldre tillverkningar av denna artikel.
ex-yxan ar inregistrerad och lagligen skyddad under market ex. den som satter varde pa ett gott bett och hallbarhet i en yxa tillrades att kopa en sadan med market ex och blir da sakerligen belaten med sitt verktyg.

the new ex-ax
After long, thorough trials and experiments, the factory succeeded in producing an ax with a particular steal and hardening methods, which in bite and shelf life turned out to be superior age-old productions of this article. The ex-ax is registered and legally protected under market ex. the person who put in a good bite and shelf life in an ax was prepared to buy such a thing with market items and is then actually laden with his tool.

Bob

Some more crap followed me home!
8GU0SGL.jpg

This hatchet has no marks whatsoever but it's obviously a nice one.
ZOWBgZZ.jpg

These timber framing augers are old as dirt!
2 Thomason and 1 Matheson and are both from Glasgow. The other only has a number on it.
fYS459d.jpg
hkQWF0c.jpg
wLLXffd.jpg
LoFKbCq.jpg

Those items were from yesterday actually. These ones followed me home today;
rzr95td.jpg

The Snow & Neally boys axe is unique. It has the date October 1 1952 stamped above the maker's mark.
SsUey4c.jpg

I have not seen one with a date before in person. Only seen one online. I've got no idea why they'd stamp it that year!?
r75NLN6.jpg

It's on the original stick. If you look closely you can see the remnants of the word (our)"best". And I found another 30" nos s&n haft as well. I keep buying them because even though the swells aren't much the tongues are very large and make for real strong hangs.
4iIu9Oj.jpg

And a small cross pien as well.
p6VAk6S.jpg

Have a great night!

8GU0SGL.jpg

ZOWBgZZ.jpg

2 Thomason and 1 Matheson and are both from Glasgow. The other only has a number on it.
fYS459d.jpg
hkQWF0c.jpg
wLLXffd.jpg
LoFKbCq.jpg

rzr95td.jpg

The Snow & Neally boys axe is unique. It has the date October 1 1952 stamped above the maker's mark.
SsUey4c.jpg

I have not seen one with a date before in person. Only seen one online. I've got no idea why they'd stamp it that year!?
r75NLN6.jpg

It's on the original stick. If you look closely you can see the remnants of the word (our)"best". And I found another 30" nos s&n haft as well. I keep buying them because even though the swells aren't much the tongues are very large and make for real strong hangs.
4iIu9Oj.jpg

p6VAk6S.jpg

Have a great night!

That is a full meal trip to the market Yankee Josh Yankee Josh . Great pick-ups!

8GU0SGL.jpg

ZOWBgZZ.jpg

fYS459d.jpg
hkQWF0c.jpg
wLLXffd.jpg
LoFKbCq.jpg

rzr95td.jpg

SsUey4c.jpg

r75NLN6.jpg

4iIu9Oj.jpg

p6VAk6S.jpg

Have a great night!

Those augers are awesome!

Back