It followed me home (Part 2)

I had to stop before they shut the doors for i dont know how long...glad i did, the axe handles were cheaper than just a week or two ago.

20200318-152700.jpg

20200318-152715.jpg

20200318-152724.jpg

32"
28"
Half hatchet handle

I would have bought the Douglas, and I am downsizing my tools.
You know as far as my passion for axes go Bernie there's nothing that would make me happier than to assist in a small way with your downsizing. :thumbsup:. I have a lot of respect and admiration for your work and feel that my collection would be greatly enhanced by having one or two of your axes in it. I know I've mentioned it before but the squeaky wheel gets the grease;). I hope I can be a part of it when you decide to begin. I can (I shouldn't but can) afford to pay you whatever you ask for one or two. That would at least spare the difficulty of bidding. :D

Thanks Josh. Some things have gotten in the way with my downsizing- like this corona virus. Both my wife and I are in the highest risk group and we have no family to help. I isolated from civilization for 4 yrs in the late 60's-early 70's. Then 10 yrs ago I had the idea to do another Dick Proenneke and tried to talk the wife into a small deserted island in Tonga (I have a Tongan friend who is a stone mason here in Hawaii). Wife was not interested then, but now it looks like we should have made the move!
I agree-the squeaky wheel gets the grease. I will keep your offer in mind when the time comes.

I was able to get some time in the shop today and decided to tackle a long backlog of stuff that needed wire brushing. In the process, I realized that I have never posted up any of these goodies!

All of these followed me home sometime during the last 6 months or so (better late than never, right?). Some were aquired locally, some from the 'bay, and one from our own jblyttle!
RNGviAj.jpg

The pickaroon comes in at 26", the Connie is 31".
FIVbFqp.jpg

This one came from JB, thanks again man! I doubt that I'd ever find a Connecticut "in the wild" here in Oregon, let alone one this nice. The head is just over 3lb.
qT56Yma.jpg

Tommy axe with busted claws on a glorious old knob end haft. Craftsman singsong was a $5 eBay score! Barrel hatchet is an OVB, does anyone know what the notch in the bit was used for with these?
UY9U4eY.jpg

36" Sequatchie Iriqouis with damn near "internet perfect" grain, and a 32" Coast to Coast brand handle that is nice and slim.
TMBKr4a.jpg

This Flint Edge cruiser is super minty, the bits look untouched and there is quite a bit of the factory black paint remaining. The haft is original, but has a bow that will need straightening.
W0JJeFb.jpg

Falls City Kelly Works boy's axe, with bevels! Hudson Bay is an unmarked True Temper and appears to have had a log brand welded to it's poll at some point.
jc4hGLD.jpg

My first, second, and third Jerseys ever! TT WC Kelly Perfect is 4lbs 7oz, and the little Keen Kutter on the bottom is 2lbs 12oz. The Belknap in the center was a birthday gift and I think I may set it up as a wedge banger.
IRyrZ0I.jpg

Let's not forget the doubles! No name Puget Sound is pretty well worn, but, it's a Puget Sound... The TT Wodslasher (stamped A27) cruiser, on the other hand, has full bits on either side and appears to still have the original grind on it. 2lbs 12oz
Ts5fQCX.jpg

Thanks for looking! Sorry for such a long post :)

Thanks Josh. Some things have gotten in the way with my downsizing- like this corona virus. Both my wife and I are in the highest risk group and we have no family to help. I isolated from civilization for 4 yrs in the late 60's-early 70's. Then 10 yrs ago I had the idea to do another Dick Proenneke and tried to talk the wife into a small deserted island in Tonga (I have a Tongan friend who is a stone mason here in Hawaii). Wife was not interested then, but now it looks like we should have made the move!
I agree-the squeaky wheel gets the grease. I will keep your offer in mind when the time comes.
Thank you. Very much looking forward to it. And I wish you and your wife, and the rest of us for that matter, the very best of health while we all eat this giant shit sandwich. :confused:

Hawaii is a pretty good place to hunker down.

Old Axeman,there's still Alaska...I'll guide you to that very Proenneke country,around Lake Clark...(i did a stupid winter's seismic job there oh so many moons ag,snowshoeing all over...)

And there's all that beautiful Sphagnum moss here,everywhere!:)
(well...in a couple months there will be...only snow for now:)

I was on some unrelated business yesterday, and this caught my eye. He threw it in with the deal. Doesn't look like anyones been using it lately.

I'm pretty certain it's stuck on a cruiser handle
( which I have done myself, right or wrong)

A good user FE rafter with a hardened poll, cant beat that

6MWFDVP.jpg

fJaeIBu.jpg

YGinaQc.jpg

bxmN1Fd.jpg

Fv0d5Z3.jpg

I was on some unrelated business yesterday, and this caught my eye. He threw it in with the deal. Doesn't look like anyones been using it lately.

I'm pretty certain it's stuck on a cruiser handle
( which I have done myself, right or wrong)

A good user FE rafter with a hardened poll, cant beat that

6MWFDVP.jpg

fJaeIBu.jpg

YGinaQc.jpg

bxmN1Fd.jpg

Fv0d5Z3.jpg

Flint Edge Whisperer :thumbsup::D:cool:
Another beauty! Great looking out, i love how that happens when you are least expecting it:)

These followed me home from the hardware store today.

I'm not happy about the Chinese grub hoe being my only option, but I needed it and at least the US made Razorback shovel makes up for it.

I'm trying my best to level a section of ground where the cheap metal shed I bought yesterday Home Depot is going to go.
Gotta do this before I can even think about assembling it.

Back