It Needs a Name ***Winner***

***We have a winner!!***

It is going to be called the Willamette Whittler. Thanks for the name draggat! Send me your address and I'll get this one on your way.

11121312_10153276316274493_2712084760715429038_o.jpg

We have a new Northwoods coming out next week, and I'm not sure what to call it.

Our rustic series is all about Portland streets and bridges. We haven't had a theme for our new, non-rustic pattern, so the field is wide open.

Here is a picture of it.

11156310_10153267029039493_2007237752725311710_n.png

The one who names it, gets it. :)

Last edited:
The profile reminds me of a mountain range. How about a mountain name?

Cascade?

How about using the names of rivers in Oregon? This one could be the 'Willamette Whittler'.

Dang it Phillllll.... you beat me! :p

Oddly enough, I was typing as Phil typed his, but I was thinking "Mt. Hood Whittler"

I think it should just be called "Ol' Ben"...

I'm thinking without a theme to go on, I'd call it "folklore". Every piece it carves will tell a story as will the knife itself after years of nicks and scratches from use.

Wow, very nice.
Ever since that pattern came out I thought it needed a wharncliffe main blade. That's just me though.

Maybe an Oregon river theme of sorts....
How about 'Northwoods Dogleg Deschutes'.

The Deschutes is where I learned to kayak white water and there are a few doglegs along the way.

Tillamook Whittler

Because whittler=wood=forest=Oregon State forest=Wikipedia=Tillamook

I only lived in Portland for a couple of years in the very early 80's...and a great place to fish steelheads even back then was at the Dunkleberger Gravel Bar. Lot's of memories of fun and using my slipjoint...can't even recall what I had back then.

Dunkelberger Half Whit

How about using names of trees native to Oregon? Especially since this one's a dogleg half whittler..... so you could call it the 'Dogwood Half Whitt' after the Western Dogwood.

Other interesting tree names native to Oregon are Buckthorn and Chokecherry.

Sharptail or sharp-tailed whittler, after the snake native to Oregon. Makes sense to me given the serpentine shape and it's got quite a "sharp tail" ;)

How about the Northwoods Monument Whittler.

There's a lot of monuments in Oregon, there's the National Monument Park and monuments are a good way to honor people, events, and history in general. Honor all of the whittlers and people who'll appreciate and carry this knife!

Back