It Needs a Name ***Winner***

It's a beautiful knife! A real natural evolution of the #38 pattern! But please don't call it a half-whittler! :eek: In the history of cutlery, that name is very recent, and incorrect!!

I like the River theme! How about kicking it off with the mighty Columbia, which I believe is your biggest one.
The Columbia Whittler!
There is a rich history with that one!
You have a huge number of rivers in Oregon, including the Snake. I just googled "List of Oregon rivers" - wow!

I'm not sure what would be a good name for all of them.... but I think Jake's whittler would be a good name for one of them. ;)

Good idea, Jake! I think one might be called Charlie's whittler also!! That is a knife to carry and use, fer sure!!:thumbup:

Klamath Whittler or Bend Whittler reflects both the curve of the knife and an Oregon landmark.

Last edited:
I was going to suggest Snake River Whittler (for the river, and the serpentine pattern) before I read through the entire thread, but I see that waynorth beat me to it. I like the general idea of having the name related to Oregon somehow. How about something honoring the Oregon Trail? Maybe the Trail Whittler.

I learned from googling it that Oregon's flag is the only two-sided US state flag. I was thinking about how there is a blade on either side of the knife. Wish I was creative enough to come up with a name suggestion related to that.

The Homestead Whittler or Homestead Half-whittler if you like the alliteration.

When I was growing up I would go squirrel hunting on a patch of land my grandpa owned that he called the Homestead.

Northwoods Oldtimer.

It reminds me of a knife you'd remember your grandpa whittling with.
Just has that old-timey type of feel to me. :)

The knife reminds me of the Pileated woodpeckers I have around my property so I googled and Oregon has them,

Oregon also has a Woodpecker called Lewis's Woodpecker, the Lewis's Woodpecker was named for Meriwether Lewis, who first described the species in 1805.
Sort of a woodpecker wood, whittler connection.

Gentlemen Pileated (Pen)

The Meriwether

The Lewis

Pete

The Willamette whittler or Willamette half whittler or maybe Mt. Hood Whitler, Pacific Whitler, North West Whitler?

Dog Leg Half Whittler,'cause that's what it is

I like the play on words by using the woodpecker. In a sense the woodpecker is a whittler of sorts. Add in an obscure word associated with a Dog that works with Pileated or Lewis and without calling it a dogleg whittler, well you actually have.

Northwoods Tibia Lewis.................ah maybe not.

"Chip Whittler". Named after all those chips on the floor after a good days whittling.

I like the idea of naming it after a bird, or maybe some other animal.

"Kingfish Whittler"

Great contest Derrick!

If you want a theme for a non-rustic line, you want something urbane. If you've already used names from your main city for your rustic line, you have to go elsewhere. New York has a north woods that was frequented by city sportsmen in the old days.
Fulton Chain, Fourth Lake, Brown's Tract, Plank Road...Raquette Lake
Teddy Roosevelt.
I don't know. Good luck.

Last edited:
Made in Pennsylvania
Flowing lines like a river
How bout

"ALLEGHENY WHITTLER"

Back