It Needs a Name ***Winner***

How about the Reedie or Reed Whittler for a Portland Connection? ( Both my son and daughter-in-law are Reed College graduates)

You could base a whole line off symbols of the state of Oregon: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Oregon_state_symbols

Castor for the beaver (as I previously mentioned), and others would make good knife names, in my opinion.

• Meadowlark (state bird)
  • Dungeness (State crustacean)
  • Chinook (state fish)
  • Sunstone (state gemstone)
  • Swallowtail (state insect)
  • Chanterelle (state mushroom)
  • Thunderegg (state rock) (Seriously? Thunderegg! That's an awesome name!)
  • Triton (state seashell)
  • Douglas (state tree)

I think Douglas would make a nice name for a Whittler as well.

I'm going to modify my original Mt. Hood Whittler to...

"Hooded Whittler"

The wharnie closed kind of looks like the top of a hoodie, to me anyway.

When I think of Oregon, and Portland in particular, I think of all the wonderful breweries and the beer they make. You could have a whole line with the "Stout", "Amber"....I think this one could be the "Porter".

Or after all the hops you grow down there...The Centennial, Equinox, Willamette, Chinook, Simcoe etc...

When I think of Oregon, and Portland in particular, I think of all the wonderful breweries and the beer they make. You could have a whole line with the "Stout", "Amber"....I think this one could be the "Porter".

Or after all the hops you grow down there...The Centennial, Equinox, Willamette, Chinook, Simcoe etc...

Same here. That's why I liked the Deschutes idea...its a great Porter.

I like the rivers idea.

Rogue Whittler (lost one of its blades in a knife fight)
Klickitat Whittler (I know it's in Washington, but it's so much fun to say!)
Tualatin Whittler (my favorite -- that thing wanders all over the place out here.)

Heck, even the Rock Creek Whittler has a certain ring to it.

--Mark

Prairie Whittler

Ranch Hand Whittler

Snake Whip Whittler

Lots of awesome suggestions Derrick - how are you going to sort it all out?

:)

Eric

Edit to say: The snake thing might be a good way to derive names for knives. How about this one being the: Coachwhip Whittler

Last edited:
To me the pattern looks decidedly wharncliffe, not just the blade. Some of you may recall Jack Blacks wonderful series of adventures that began with this thread:

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...-Porter-Brook-(Part-1)?highlight=porter+brook

The Porter Brook finds it's way through a beautiful park in which I spent many a happy hour as a child and which Jack mentions in his tales. Given the pattern and the main blade shape I vote to name it after that park;

The Endcliffe

paul

We could call it the Snakebite Whittler.....

Lakers-Oregon-Trail-Steve-Snakebite.png

How about the Red River Whittler?

Presidential theme: Whitehouse Whittler or White House Wharnecliff Whittler?

Bobcat Pocket Buddy? Ok, this one is silly.

How about Chinookan, Chinook, Multnomah, Clackamas (always liked Napanoch but it is taken). They would go well with the arrowhead. Good luck Derrick

Back