It's a Christmas GAW Charlie Brown WINNER ANNOUNCED A DAY EARLY POST # 41

r redden

Gold Member
As Christmas comes around I always think about the Christmases we had when my kids were young as well as the ones I had as kid. One of the things I remember from both those times is the movie A Charlie Brown Christmas. It always brings back great memories of family time during the Christmas season and puts a smile on my face.
Here's the rules first and foremost you gotta be at least 18 years old.
You have to have at least 20 post in the Traditional Forum prior to today.
Open to everyone but if you live in another country you must be willing to cover all shipping cost over $5 US.
Please share a Christmas memory with us and pictures are always cool.
No thanks but no thanks if you post your in. :D
NO PRIZE CHASERS
I will close this on Dec 24th and announce the winner January 1
The prize is a yellow delrin CV Peanut I just ordered for this GAW
MERRY CHRISTMAS

t6NPWyD.jpg

Randy, funny you mention old chuck. The wife and I was just talking about how the kids haven't watched it this year, and neither have we. Guess I'll need to buy that one also. That's one of the shows that I remember from by youth and I guess kind of force in my kids.

I'm out, randy. But another generous gesture, kind sir. Thanks for the opportunity!

That was always one of my favorites! I wish I had some pictures from my favorite Christmas memories, which was going as a family to cut down our tree every year. We started when I was about 10 and continued it all the way until I was in college. The tradition abruptly ended when the Christmas tree farm sold out to a land developer:mad: Getting a tree from Kroger, seen here, just isn’t the same...

Nice giveaway idea, Randy!!:thumbsup:
Since we have the biggest dining room, the whole Westcoast family comes here for dinner and festivities. I started to resent it that it always fell on us, but as the "kids" matured, they took on responsibilities, and now it's simple, since the work is shared!!
We stopped giving presents, except for inexpensive little chotchkas that fit in a stocking, and we donate to cold-weather shelters!! Over the last 5 years, Christmas has become cool again - can you dig it!!??
Not an entry - someone just gave me a little beauty of a knife - please give it forward Randy, and have a Merry and a Happy!!:)

Not an entry because I already have a yellow Case CV Peanut, but thanks for your generosity!

Thank you for the generosity, Randy! I'll throw my hat in. I think my boys would enjoy carrying this one, if my name gets drawn.

Edit: Finally had a moment to write out a story. I didn't grow up with a lot of Christmas traditions. My family sometimes opened a gift on Christmas Eve, but not every year. We didn't really have a set routine for Christmas Day either. However, my wife's family grew up doing the same thing every Christmas Eve and Day. Christmas Eve was when everyone made their favorite hors d'oeuvres and ate Mom's special Christmas cookies. Then the kids would be part of a nativity play complete with lambs, shepherds, wise men, Mary & Joseph, and a baby.

On Christmas morning the stockings get opened first, then everyone has a blueberry muffin before opening the presents under the tree. I'll admit that I have come to really enjoy the traditions that my wife's family keeps, and it makes me wish I had had more of that as a kid. I'm glad my own kids get to experience it now, though.

Last edited:
Very generous of you Randy. This years tree, a Nordman Fir. A funny story about Christmas when I was a kid. My Dad once used a laundry detergent box filled with bricks to confuse my Mom as to what her gift was. She couldn’t figure out what could possibly be so heavy.
37803958-DCA6-492-C-8-C9-E-C4383-D5-CF7-AA.jpg

I would happily pay for the shipping, but, you ALREADY sent me a very useful yellow Case mini Trapper with beer opener! Again you show your generosity. Good luck to the participants! Yellow delrin so nice to touch! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
mini_Trapper_yelo.jpg

Very nice GAW and thoughtful but not an entry thanks as I've got a Peanut or three stowed away :cool:

Wishing all a fine Christmas, Will

Very kind of you, Randy! Charlie Brown Christmas, Frosty, and Rudolph were all childhood favorites. I still quote A Christmas Story (of course the famous "you'll shoot your eye out!").

Not in as I already have a yeller CV peanut, which I love. I hope the winner likes it as much as I do!

One of the best was Christmas morning a few years ago. I got to see my grandpa play with my mom's pitbull for at least a good hour or two. He used to hate him because he was a pitbull and wanted her to get rid of him but eventually it looks like his the dogs big ol heart won him over and he's always playing with him now. I was happy seeing that, easily one of my best memories.

For the uninitiated people who have never had the pleasure of being around a pitbull the most vicious thing about them is their tail. It's a whip with how fast they can wag it when their happy. And their one happy and friendly breed so you have to get used to it.

He's also the biggest smart alec for a dog or human for that matter I've ever seen. If he needs to fart he will let it rip and start wagging his tail to fan it throughout the room, or get up and walk by you and let it rip. Either way you get the big pitbull smile as he does this. Very talkative to get your attention when he wants it, one time I plugged my ears and told him I couldn't hear him and his response was to slowly walk up to me and bark loudly in my ear.

Yeah pitbulls are awesome I could go on about this one for awhile for all the smart alec things he does, great with kids, caring nature, etc.

Yeah pitbulls are awesome I could go on about this one for awhile for all the smart alec things he does, great with kids, caring nature, etc.

Bob I had an adversity to Pitts because of their rep but my granddaughter got Nyla as a pup about a year ago. You are right turns out yhis is one of the most loving, gentle and playful dogs I have aver been around.

XTvJtNh.jpg

Hey everyone thanks for all the post. :thumbsup: When I posted the rules for the GAW I did so keeping in mind that not many would want to participate because the knife is just a yellow Peanut and not very special. So I added this in the rules.

No thanks but no thanks if you post your in. :D

Now keep on posting because there is nothing worse than to host a GAW and no one wants in. :eek::( But for those that have already posted and those that will post if you don't want the knife just pick a member you want it to go to and we'll make it happen. :)
So again keep posting because you folks are family and it makes me happy to see people participate. :D

I'm not sure how old I was when I understood how things worked on Christmas. Not only was it a huge disappointment to no longer "believe" but I was concerned because we were poor and I knew my parents didn't money for the new bikes my brother and I wanted. Seeing those bikes by the tree on Christmas morning is a memory I'll never forget.
Great giveaway, Merry Christmas!

I'm not sure how old I was when I understood how things worked on Christmas. Not only was it a huge disappointment to no longer "believe" but I was concerned because we were poor and I knew my parents didn't money for the new bikes my brother and I wanted. Seeing those bikes by the tree on Christmas morning is a memory I'll never forget.
Great giveaway, Merry Christmas!

Grew up much the same way. We need a “really like” button!!

Nice GAW, Randy.

I remember watching the Charlie Brown Christmas when it first aired. Loved it then and love it now. The best part, of course, is when Linus recites Luke 2:8-14, and then says: "And that's what Christmas is all about, Charlie Brown."

Christmas was always a great time with family getting together. At my grandmother's house when I was young, then later my wife and I took turns with my father-in-law hosting Christmas dinner. He's passed on, so it's at our house now. (Got a 28-pound turkey this year!).

We had sort of a Charlie Brown Christmas a few years ago, though. When we bought our current house, we could not move in immediately, and had to stay at my son's new house for about a month before he moved in (he was about to get married). It was a small house, and most of our stuff was stacked in boxes while we camped out there. We moved into his house just before Thanksgiving, and stayed till about a week before Christmas. In the mean time, no Christmas tree. So just before Christmas--my daughter (about 11 years old at the time) says it was Christmas Eve--we went looking for a tree. Went several places without success. We finally found a small tree at a local grocery store for almost nothing. She called it our Charlie Brown tree. She won't let us wait more than a day or two after Thanksgiving to get a tree now, no matter how much I try to coax her into waiting till Christmas Eve.

I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

--Vince

Last edited:
Back