It's coming....another Raffle for Ram's Tuition

ferguson said:
As always the outpouring of generousity from you guys is amazing. We have about $600 so far, with 2 1/2 days to go. I'm hoping with today being payday for many, we'll get some more entries. We need to get pretty close to $1000 to make Ram's tuition. Uncle Bill and Yangdu have sent what they can to Ram already. So if you want a chance on some of these nice examples of Himalayan Imports finest, there's still time. You guys are the greatest! :D

Thanks again.

Steve

Also some examples of outstanding woodchuckery. I think everybody here needs to give Steve a rep-point party. C'mon guys, pony up! :cool:

Clicking right along, to the tune of $835.44 (paypal fees make it an odd number). That's outstanding! Got an email from Ram. His english is way better than my Nepali. Excerpts are posted below.

Respected Steve Ferguson,
Thank you very much for your another raffle that you gonna do again.I will never forget your help. Its will be great help to get success in my dream to be doctor and help my villagers...who are loosing thier life even minor diseases like,Typhoid,Jaundice and Encephalitis.
For general information: My father 3 rd brother died of Encephalitis (cause due to mosquito bite) just 6 months before.
My own 2nd brother died of Cholera at the age of 4.
Now I have 2 brother who are studying.
Its only example of my family...if I start to write about my relatives and villagers it will be quite long.

All right,Now a days my exams going on.I finished 3 exams.Now got to finish 3 more exams by 21.

"Name Deleted" is helping more than my father does.He sent money Last year 1 st semester tuition fee and helped me some money for this year tuition fee too.Not only this in first year he sent me money for living and fooding too.So I really feel shy to ask help again.As you know even own father can't help thier children always.

"part deleted"

Well more later....Got to study.First I have another exam this friday.
I got 7 in 2 exams that I did before.

This seems like a good kid. He's working hard and living on very little. You are doing a good thing by helping him.

Thanks to all of you.

Steve

Steve, you're doing a great MITZVA. In Yiddish that means a Great DEED!!!' Wanting nothing out of this for yourself, just the extreme pleasure of knowing that you have helped Ram ,his family, and village. This is one of the most unselfish acts that I have ever had the pleasure of witnessing.
I just sent to Paypal for a couple more of the raffles.
After reading Ram's note, I figured if he ,and his Family and Village can endure what they do every day, we certainly have the resourses to go the extra yard to help him out.I would never tell anyone how much to give, but if you feel that you might be able to purchase just one more Raffle, do it. Not only are we helping somone go to Medical School, and,in turn, helping his village, there are some great blades being offered for your generousity, $1,000 is not so far away. That should be our goal. And just think, if we hit $1,200, there will be a third drawing!!!!!!~!! :cool: :D :p . .

Thanks Ang1! Third drawing has already been reached at $800. $1200 will be 4!

$0 - $399 1 drawing
400 - 799 2 drawings
800 - 1199 3 drawings

etc,

Steve

Our total so far is $903.48! What an ourpouring from a bunch of great guys! The raffle ends tonight at midnight Eastern time.

Thanks guys!

Steve

Will PayPal 20.00 today for a couple of spots. :)
Thanks for all you are doing to help someone that seems to deserve it and appreciate it. :D You are good people!!

BTTT

Something to look forward to on a slow day in the forum.

Thanks again, Steve.

Ad Astra

The drawing will be Wednesday evening about 6:00. I can't wait! :D

This is fun.

Steve

I'm shamelessly Bumping This Thread to the Top. It deserves it.

Hmmm, are you guys deciding which Tru-Oiled khuks you *might* be seeing next week?

Tx, Steve.

Ad Astra

Ad Astra said:
Hmmm, are you guys deciding which Tru-Oiled khuks you *might* be seeing next week?

I've got my eye on the 25" Sirupati as I've been interested in one for a while, though the horn handled 21" Chitlangi is a close second. ;)

Bob

I think Bruise should have donated one of his cardboard khukuris for a special drawing....but noooooooooooooooo. :grumpy:

Hopefully its Central time, cause I don't think I can bear to wait more than the 45 minutes left until 6:00pm Central.

Bob

Back